Me and the iconer of the game I work for would like to request some features for Dream Maker's icon editor tool, which would make iconing - and especially for large and lengthy animations - a whole lot easier.
My suggestion consists of the following features:
- It would be extremely, indescribably convenient if there was an option to REALLY delete a selected frame (as in, the frame disappears from the list and the frame count decreases evenly).
Currently, when you click a frame and hit the delete key on your keyboard, it will only make the selected frame(s) go empty.
And a contrary option, to insert a new frame at a chosen position within the frames list would also be appreciated by many icon artists.
- The ability to select multiple frames within an icon state, so that the option of simultaneously changing delays for all of the selected frames at once would come to exist.
- Additionally, the ability to simultaneously edit all of the frame delays in a group of selected icon states.
- The ability to remove selected colors in "Edit..." under "Colors" option.
- Allow for importable/exportable template laying out states for use in other graphical editing programs. (*)
- Display more than nine frames of a movie state while editing that state. Currently, only nine frames are displayed at the time, regardless of the size of the Dream Maker window.
- Display frame numbers under frames, or some intelligent way of identifying individual frames, without having to count through the frames manually.
(*): Kind of like how 3D modeling programs have a feature that allows you to unwrap the polygons and arrange them in a way that allows easy mapping of textures in other graphics programs. So it would basically make a PNG file with a bunch of boxes containing the contents of each state/tile/frame, etc. Which can then be edited and re-imported to save the hassle of having to bring in each 32x32 chunk manually.
Thank you very much.
Jul 7 2009, 8:41 am (Edited on Jul 11 2009, 9:12 am)