ID:1331015

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I am working on the icon for the hub entry and was looking to use this for the large icon. I need ideas as to what to fill the space in, maybe one of the enemies or the players ship sound like a good idea?

Also I am not sure how contract works, so I am going to upload a few to get an idea of which has the best contrast, and if you could explain why please.

Not exactly a fan of the font or colors. Honestly, it looks bland, and you could have just edited the first post to post the second image.

I would suggest making the background that of a screenshot in game. Or you could customize your icons and paste them there.
Look up the galaga case cover, that is the art type I am kind of going for, but would like to add something to the bottom to fill up the excess space.

Also this is blown up to show finer detail, it looks a tad better just a bit smaller.
In response to Akando5959
Akando5959 wrote:
but would like to add something to the bottom to fill up the excess space.
Maybe in small white font consalas. "Produced by Akando" ?
at the bottom

Here are the updates with the Produced By:

The bottom dark blue one is the best.

A very great tutorial that teaches about colors, and lines to help you with this piece.

http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11299

Contrast is pretty much a shift in hue/value, It's kinda hard to explain. The rules of thumb usually is, if you can't see the color from far away you don't need it, or it's not dark/light enough to be able to see clearly from the other colors, without making it have too much noise.
no, just... no. it's so ugly. sometimes you have to ask yourself, "is this really worth putting up?" before you go and do this kind of stuff.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It looks a bit.. boring, why not spice it up a litle?
^Love the background... Not so sure about the font and font color choices. If I was making a main screen or image, I'd draw something or ask a friend, which is what I plan on doing if I ever need one.