ID:133198

New macro option: When key is held
Takes 2 commands; one for pressed, one for released
The 2nd command's input box would only appear after the 'When key is held' check-box is selected.

I know this can already be done manually, but due to BYOND only allowing 1 input per tick per player; it is somewhat un-functional and provides buggy results.

If BYOND could internally do the following:
(I'm assuming that BYOND actually reads all of the inputs that are given to it, but only sends 1 per tick? If that isn't the case then this might not be possible.)
Otherwise...
When a macro of the above type is used, BYOND will then specifically look for the key-up relating to that macro, giving it priority, and sending it to the server at the first available tick.

Also, it would be helpful if BYOND could automatically call the related key-up function to a currently held key if DS looses focus during holding. As it is now; if somebody is using a "holdable" macro and de-selects the BYOND window; it will allow them to release the key without calling the related release function.
I agree; this would be very beneficial and neater in the macro list
That would definitely be useful. As of right now, the only way to do it in that sort of way would be to use the KeyState library by Loduwijk or try to make a solution yourself. I would like to see such a feature appear naturally rather than having to use Javascript for it.
In response to Bandock
Bandock wrote:
That would definitely be useful. As of right now, the only way to do it in that sort of way would be to use the KeyState library by Loduwijk or try to make a solution yourself. I would like to see such a feature appear naturally rather than having to use Javascript for it.

It can easily be done now by simply creating 2 separate macros for the same key; one marked for 'When key is released'. But as I said, its performance is somewhat buggy. And its also not obvious to developers (as you've just pointed out =P) so a built-in feature for it would be nice.
In response to Falacy
Kakashi24142's K_KeyHandling is a good library for handling macros. It's probably better than KeyState since it was built recently, for 4.0.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
Kakashi24142's K_KeyHandling is a good library for handling macros. It's probably better than KeyState since it was built recently, for 4.0.

Based on what I was reading before making this feature request; not only does his library suffer from the bugs mentioned here, but it has no protection against them; allowing players to spam/stack key holds.