ID:133260

I've been poking around the current site layout as well as the new weekly digest articles and I noticed something that seemed to be missing.

An easy report system for projects.

By this I mean a 'Report this Project' button, which allows users to report projects for infractions against BYOND's ToS/ToU or other problematic issues.

Such may or may not make it easier for BYOND's Web Staff to find problematic projects and remove them in a more timely fashion.

Now, the reason I bring this up is because you can always email BYOND about issues like this, but from what I understand the new recent layouts and such have been formulated to make the website more user friendly all around, this may partially aid in that goal.

This idea is in no way fully thought out, it's just a start. I'm hoping others may find the idea a bit useful, but maybe not. So reply and tell me ;P
Please search the forums before making feature requests. This idea has been brought up before (ID:614073) and rejected.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
see:
There should be a Report Game option on the hub page of every game. You should be able to select from a few options like Distributing source codes, Vulgar content, Fan game accepting donations, etc and be able to enter a brief description of the problem.

I don't agree with that. I only agree with options that BYOND staff already deal with on a daily basis. Not grey areas or stuff in-game.
In response to Stevenw9
Stevenw9 wrote:
see:
There should be a Report Game option on the hub page of every game. You should be able to select from a few options like Distributing source codes, Vulgar content, Fan game accepting donations, etc and be able to enter a brief description of the problem.

I don't agree with that. I only agree with options that BYOND staff already deal with on a daily basis. Not grey areas or stuff in-game.

Fair enough, but the suggestion was still made and it was still rejected. And even if we made clear what we would and would not police through that, people would still use it to report things we don't deal with. Case in point, your thread back in July, which I would assume is related to this new thread. There's nothing to be gained by doing this.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Fair enough, but the suggestion was still made and it was still rejected.

The suggestion was presented in an unwanted way, obviously.

And even if we made clear what we would and would not police through that, people would still use it to report things we don't deal with.

Only if you allow the report function to let them type whatever they want into it. All you're doing is adding reports to a counter, this counter is a priority list for reviewing. I can go into more detail with this if you'd like.

Case in point, your thread back in July, which I would assume is related to this new thread. There's nothing to be gained by doing this.

My thread? What? Anyway, it's just to give the community influence over which games need to be reviewed. I suppose the devs will put some sort of counter on projects so one that's being spammed doesnt consistantly sit at the top of the list.