ID:1334336

Hello, I have a rather difficult question that is likely almost impossible to answer.

How can anyone prove, without a doubt, that one must be trusted and respected, no matter how abusive they are in the first place, no matter what?

I know it has to do with discipline, but I need an absolute, and I am abhorrently impatient.

- WITHOUT involving actions and intents
Trust and respect are personal (or organisational) choices, so it's up to you. You can't really prove to someone else that they must trust or respect you.
If you're always holding a football whilst giving advice, then you're trust worthy in my book.
Developous wrote:
Hello, I have a rather difficult question that is likely almost impossible to answer.

How can anyone prove, without a doubt, that one must be trusted and respected, no matter how abusive they are in the first place, no matter what?

I know it has to do with discipline, but I need an absolute, and I am abhorrently impatient.

- WITHOUT involving actions and intents

Play good cop bad cop.
If someone is abusive, then they are not worthy of trust or respect. Period.

Plus, trust and respect are two things that must be earned (which is why being abusive makes them impossible to attain). You can not force someone to feel either of them towards another.

[Edit:] Let me clarify a bit, though. If someone has been abusive in the past, they can eventually earn trust and respect by ceasing abusive actions, and working towards being a trustworthy and respectable individual. But, it's a steep hill to climb.
So you are saying the people here care more for ACTION in the first place?

A person's perspectives of abuse can vary. For me, common sense greatly outweighs any laws and authority. But indeed... nothing merits abuse.

I would say that people everywhere care more for action. A person's actions are the only true way to judge their character.

A person's words can not be trusted. What a person does is the only thing that tells you anything true about them.