In response to Falacy
Your analogy is terribly flawed, while the knife analogy is perfect. BYOND cannot be cited for supplying you with tools to break laws, as the purpose is to create games that don't. A gun is produced with the purpose of defense, or sport (hunting etc). If I owned a gun factory, sold a gun to the army, and that gun was smuggled out of the army warehouse and given to a murderer, I wouldn't be in trouble (and I shouldn't be for that matter). The person who smuggled it out and the murderer would be the people in trouble. However, what if I sold the gun to a store, which sold it to a respectable hunter that just happened to lose his patience and kill someone, neither the store nor I would be in trouble; only the hunter.

The intent of the seller is all that matters and your intent was to make money off of several games, 3 of which are fan games.

As for the developing thing, it's my opinion that I'm better than you. As it's also your opinion that you're better than everyone else on BYOND.
In response to Falacy
What if selling a gun to this thug is perfectly legal? If the seller denied giving them this gun, they would probably end up in trouble for this stereotype.

As far as the gun problem goes, criminals would manage to get them regardless. Giving no one a gun could possibly reduce gun crimes in the home, though the number of crimes involving knives and heavy blunt objects would surge.
In response to Jeff8500
Jeff8500 wrote:
Your analogy is terribly flawed, while the knife analogy is perfect. BYOND cannot be cited for supplying you with tools to break laws, as the purpose is to create games that don't.

If BYOND honestly cared about people breaking the copyright laws theyd stop all the ripped games. Since that code, once officialy released for the first time, becomes soul property of the original writer. Basicaly anyone on byond who owns a rip is breaknig copyright laws.

A gun is produced with the purpose of defense, or sport (hunting etc).

A gun is produced with the purpose of killing. End of story.

If I owned a gun factory, sold a gun to the army, and that gun was smuggled out of the army warehouse and given to a murderer, I wouldn't be in trouble (and I shouldn't be for that matter). The person who smuggled it out and the murderer would be the people in trouble.

You sure as hell SHOULD be in trouble for that. If they actualy punished the people at fault it would probably reduce gun crimes by 50%; because creators would stop throwing guns around so carelessly

However, what if I sold the gun to a store, which sold it to a respectable hunter that just happened to lose his patience and kill someone, neither the store nor I would be in trouble; only the hunter.

Possible. Though this problem could be avoided by only making ammo available on hunting sites, instead of allowing everyone to keep loaded weapons laying around their homes

The intent of the seller is all that matters and your intent was to make money off of several games, 3 of which are fan games.

My intent is to make money off of MY games, yes. Im not pawning off burnt copies of Burst Limit for my own profit. I'm selling subscriptions to several games of my own that are all 100% originaly coded by me. Though they may use ideas/designs from other games/animes my "intent" is not to make money from those other games/animes. Its not like im selling something that already exists (actual episodes of the DBZ anime for example) to steal profit away from the original creator. I'm selling something of my own creation

As for the developing thing, it's my opinion that I'm better than you. As it's also your opinion that you're better than everyone else on BYOND.

Not everyone, theres a few people that I acknowledge are better. Neither you nor Kaioken fall into that list though

EDIT:
Jeff8500 wrote:
What if selling a gun to this thug is perfectly legal? If the seller denied giving them this gun, they would probably end up in trouble for this stereotype.

In trouble for stereotyping? He should be awarded for having common sense and a conscience. Though I doubt many gun sellers have a conscience to begin with, if they did they wouldnt be selling murder for a living

As far as the gun problem goes, criminals would manage to get them regardless. Giving no one a gun could possibly reduce gun crimes in the home, though the number of crimes involving knives and heavy blunt objects would surge.

lol I'm sure people would be less willing/not physicaly capable of beating somebody to death. Its a whole lot easier to just pull a little trigger and cause insta-death
In response to Falacy
If BYOND honestly cared about people breaking the copyright laws theyd stop all the ripped games. Since that code, once officialy released for the first time, becomes soul property of the original writer. Basicaly anyone on byond who owns a rip is breaknig copyright laws.

I agree. However, BYOND doesn't have the manpower to do so, nor does it have access to every game's source code. Even if NarutoRULEZ's game is identical to BleachRULEZ's game, without access to the source this cannot be proven. Icons could still get someone in trouble, but I digress.

A gun is produced with the purpose of killing. End of story.

You really oversimplified the purpose of a gun. Much of the killing done with guns is still legal. If some guy puts a knife at my throat and threatened to kill me, I'd shoot him on the spot if I had a gun. And it wouldn't be illegal either.

You sure as hell SHOULD be in trouble for that. If they actualy punished the people at fault it would probably reduce gun crimes by 50%; because creators would stop throwing guns around so carelessly

So I should be in trouble for someone's decision to break into a government owned building and steal weapons? Even if it was a sporting goods store I shouldn't be arrested. As long as the guns are given to an authorized owner/seller of them, I shouldn't be arrested.

My intent is to make money off of MY games. Im not pawning off burnt copies of Burst Limit for my own profit. I'm selling subscriptions to several games of my own that are all 100% originaly coded by me. Though they may use ideas/designs from other games/animes my "intent" is not to make money from those other games/animes. Its not like im selling something that already exists to steal profit away from the original creator. I'm selling something of my own creation

Actually, your intent is to make money off of your games, which while they have 100% original resources, still contain the ideas of others without their consent. That's like Namco creating a pack of Pacman games (that pun was unintended), sticking a "100% original" Mario game they made in, and selling it without asking Nintendo if they could.
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:
Unless you get some proof (which will be impossible)

Why would it be impossible?
In response to Popisfizzy
I say we make a BYOND-wide contest to judge who is better than Falacy. We would need some very skilled judges, though.
Popisfizzy wrote:
Why would it be impossible?

Because hes not better then me? and Kaioken never even posts code, just links to the guide

Jeff8500 wrote:
I say we make a BYOND-wide contest to judge who is better than Falacy. We would need some very skilled judges, though.

Why would this require any kind of judges? You just post some code and Ill tell you all the things that suck about it
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:
Why would this require any kind of judges? You just post some code and Ill tell you all the things that suck about it

Ah, yea. I'd forgotten you've shown yourself to be so very adept at that already.
Popisfizzy wrote:
Ah, yea. I'd forgotten you've shown yourself to be so very adept at that already.

Not my fault your code was noobile =P
I mean cmon, you had useless variables! and mis-spelled ones! TSK TSK TSK
Not to mention the circular reading that was required to understand its poor construction MORE TSKs
In response to Falacy
Actually, I was being incredibly sarcastic there. Every bit of your criticisms was pointed out as flawed in replies, meaning your ability at critiquing, quite simply, sucks.
Popisfizzy wrote:
Actually, I was being incredibly sarcastic there. Every bit of your criticisms was pointed out as flawed in replies, meaning your ability at critiquing, quite simply, sucks.

I know you were being sarcastic. And regardless of what the army of noobs that inhabit these forums say about my critiquing, that code was poorly written. All that proves is that I'm so far better then everyone here that they cant even comprehend it =P
Page: 1 2 3