ID:1336598

The newest version of BYOND seems to have issues with wine, I did the normal DLLs of wsh56, vbscript6 and mfc42. it just gets stuck on "loading game information" Do I just need to leave it while it does that? Do I need other libraries?
The latest pager uses Internet Explorer to access that information, so you could try downloading the latest version that you can and seeing if there's any change.
Does not seem to be working, Maybe I could try downgrading? Whats the last version that is confirmed to work with wine?
Are you using winetricks? If I'm not mistaken you should be able to download ie8. According to WineHQ, IE7 is confirmed working but IE8 is not. However, all of the test results for IE8 are very dated unless you're using Fedora 17, so I'd give it a shot if you haven't.

I'm pretty sure somebody here got the latest BYOND working in Wine. I'm not a dedicated Linux user, but I did get an older build up and running.
Alright, I was using ie8 but i will try resetting it and installing ie7 instead then report back.