ID:133719

Could you guys possibly remove ADs from hub entries that belong to BYOND members? I mean, their sites are "ad-free", so why can't their hub entries be as well? Just a thought.
Tom's going to kill us... :)
In response to Flame Sage
Rofl. Yeah, they are eventually going to get annoyed with yalls constant ad-free demands and either kill yall or remove ads again altogether xD
Members have the option not to see ads, but as for their hub entries, I think we'd be leaning against that. Hub entries tend to be our highest-traffic pages. While the ads are of course still changing, it wouldn't seem beneficial to wholly remove them from some of these pages--particularly ones that get visited by a very very large number of non-members.

Lummox JR
In response to Jamesburrow
They couldn't remove them with what they're planning to do they need money and removing the ads would probably kill a large portion of their funding. Which would kill any chance of them doing the pay the people making games thing. Which is how I'm going to be making money till I am legally of age to be allowed to work in the state of new jersey.
In response to Dark-Millenia
Actually, paying the game makers comes out of the extra $3 for BYOND Memberships.
They didn't used to have ads, and it looks like if they keep giving in they won't for much longer xD

Personally, I'm cool with the ads. Not that I ever saw them even before the option was given to cover them up, but meh, lol.
In response to Jamesburrow
I am fine with the Ads, BUT, right now the Ads on the hub entires are very evasive, at least on my browser, they mess up the join games now link and stuff.

On a side note, the "Other games you'd like" thing on the side, I wouldn't like that, it is like advertising for other games on my own game hub, its like giving my player traffic to someone else. I think developers should have the option to have that removed.
In response to Baladin
Baladin wrote:
its like giving my player traffic to someone else.

If your game is worse than the other ones, yes. Otherwise, they'lll stay in yours if you they like it. Though you shouldn't be selfish and ignorant enough to expect players will exclusively play your game, they'll try others regardless of that feature.
In response to Kaioken
Agreed. It's like on another game I used to play. The owner got so paranoid about things he started banning people for the mere mention of another game. People will play other games regardless, and if your game isn't good enough to keep your players, then that's your problem, lol.
In response to Baladin
Baladin wrote:
I am fine with the Ads, BUT, right now the Ads on the hub entires are very evasive, at least on my browser, they mess up the join games now link and stuff.

In what way does this mess up the join link, and most importantly in which browser and at what resolution? If there's a formatting glitch we'd like to fix it.

On a side note, the "Other games you'd like" thing on the side, I wouldn't like that, it is like advertising for other games on my own game hub, its like giving my player traffic to someone else. I think developers should have the option to have that removed.

Having a display of other related games is an inherently good thing. This helps drive up sales at Amazon, and likewise drives up interest in games on BYOND. If you don't like the game you're looking at, the odds are you're not gonna click the others either; otherwise if you like the look of a link, you'll more likely end up playing both than just switching to a new game outright.

If a game sucks badly enough that it outright loses players to the "You may also like" links, it has problems that removing said links will not fix.

Lummox JR