ID:133773

Can there be an option for the Grid that that calls a command if you just click within a grid cell? There could be a command box like with input, and it could output the parameters x,y which would be which cell was clicked. For example if I wanted to use the grid as a slider, when you click on a cell of the grid it would execute Slider(x,y). It could also be used for a Paint style game that could easily be made on a grid without using pixel_x pixel_y, or a lot of icons. This solves the problem of icons not filling the whole grid area, because you can put a background color up for a cell, and accept input directly from the grid.

[edit]
Also a feature for disabling the stat style of object referencing would be a good feature. So that when I put an object into the grid it doesn't include the name next to it.

Another suggestion is an option to disable the scroll bar on the right side of the grid that happens if the grid is too small, it takes up space and ruins the grid spacing.
Plus the scroll bar makes things look ugly.

..and are you too lazy to use the built-in mouse procs? Click a grid, call the command. There's actually a winset() to call verbs, see the skin reference.
In response to Kaiochao2536
But you can't call a proc if there is nothing calling it. The grid cells are empty, if I put an object in them, I cant put a background up, and the name shows.
In response to Strawgate
Isn't Click() called when you click a grid? or does it only allow objects that are located in it?
In response to Strawgate
Look into client/Click() and associated procs. There's some arugments in there somewhere that return where you clicked, be it map, statpanel, or somewhere on the interface. I'm not totally sure but I suspect it'll tell you which grid cell you clicked on.
In response to Foomer
I just ran a test version and it doesn't seem to respond to anything in a grid, including objects or the cells themselves. The code I ran looks like this:
//On world start
m<<output(Slider,"grid1:3,1")

// Separate file
client
Click(O,P,Q)
usr << "You clicked [O] [P] [Q]"
..() // do default action

The grid was called grid1, it was a 5x5 grid with an object called Slider outputted to it. I can confirm that it did output the object, but clicking on it returned nothing for client.Click, and clicking on an empty grid cell also returned nothing. It only accepted click's from the map.
In response to Kaiochao2536
I set up a test code which looked for client.click() and it didn't seem to be called when I clicked on an object within the grid, also, it didn't seem to work on the grid cell's themselves.
In response to Strawgate
Right. I guess this is only implemented into MouseDrag. Oh well. :/
In response to Foomer
Which is bad because the reference says it works click() works for grid cells.
In response to Strawgate
Well, it is still a beta. Make a bug report.