ID:1339442

Applies to:BYOND Pager

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Probably on the list of to-dos, but currently the pager's dm tag doesn't have text highlighting.

Would be nice.
Agreed, though this was back-burnered for two reasons: 1) it'd require shuffling some code around from DM to the backend. 2) the highlight colors would have to be user-settable since they could conflict with the user's color scheme.
In response to Lummox JR
just use the invert of the background color, and the invert the text on top
In response to FIREking
FIREking wrote:

That makes sense for selection highlighting, but not for code highlighting, which would use the same background color but different foreground colors.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
FIREking wrote:

That makes sense for selection highlighting, but not for code highlighting, which would use the same background color but different foreground colors.

What?

I mean invert the text as the inversion of the highlight.

So if you highlight something on a black background, the inversion is white. So the highlight becomes white, and the inversion of white is black so the text becomes black.
In response to FIREking
Right, but selection highlighting isn't the issue at hand; this is about syntax highlighting. The OP didn't say so specifically but that's what I inferred from it.
Oh wow I feel stupid... He wants the code high lighting we see on the web page (I think).

Whoops.
Errrr no I think I'm the one being stupid, to clarify

var
spawn
sleep
del
new
"hello"

The colours in there are what I mean by syntax highlighting, the dm tags on the pager don't have this.
Not entirely related, but shouldn't spawn and sleep be colored blue in the dm tags as well?
In response to TheLionsRoar
TheLionsRoar wrote:
Not entirely related, but shouldn't spawn and sleep be colored blue in the dm tags as well?

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1326513