ID:1340550

BYOND Version:499
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Basic
Web Browser:Chrome 28.0.1500.72
Applies to:BYOND Pager

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Demos and libraries not installing
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) Search for any demo or library
2) click install
3) check byond hub (as it seems that it jumps onto there)
4) disappointment

Expected Results:
demo or library installing ready for viewing, playing or editing
Actual Results:
not the above
Does the problem occur:
Every time

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?
not sure, checking now
Yeah I get something similar 9/10 times, it seems to install but nothing actually happens and no new files appear on my computer.
glad to know i'm not the only one XD
Since you said "Install", I'm assuming you're using the pager? If you try to download it from the website, does it work?
3) check byond hub (as it seems that it jumps onto there)
In response to DarkCampainger
DarkCampainger wrote:
Since you said "Install", I'm assuming you're using the pager? If you try to download it from the website, does it work?

Downloading from the website just opens the pager and "clicks" install, so no, still doesn't work.
Ok, so it happens whether you access the hub from the website or pager. Rushnut, you said that it "seems" to install. Does that mean that the progress-bar background appears on the button while it downloads the resource, and then the button text changes to "Installing"? But Dream Maker never actually opens with the resource and the files aren't in your BYOND user directory?

I assume that you aren't having this issue with downloading games?

Here's a random list of questions that might help narrow this down:

Is your BYOND user directory inside your Windows user directory, or somewhere else?

Are there any unusual file attributes set on your BYOND user directory or the lib subfolder?

Is there any correlation between the resources that download successfully and which directories already exist in [user]/BYOND/lib?

If you temporarily rename [user]/BYOND/lib, [user]/BYOND/cfg/MyHub.txt, and [user]/BYOND/cfg/hub.txt, do downloads start working properly again?

Did BYOND version 498 correctly download resources for you?
This actually isn't a bug it's when the file of the lib/demo isn't found or someway corrupted.