Murder Mansion

by SuperSaiyanGokuX
Murder Mansion
Not for the faint of heart...
But in the meantime, since you're basically playing it singleplayer, what do you think of the new AI? Are they providing any sort of challenge and/or entertainment? lol
well its more murdeurous
I'm fixing it.
I also bought a Lifetime Subscription, which I hope is forever. :P
hows it coming along cole?
Cole?
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
SuperSaiyanGokuX wrote:
But in the meantime, since you're basically playing it singleplayer, what do you think of the new AI? Are they providing any sort of challenge and/or entertainment? lol

I'm using Windows 8. I have absolutely no idea what to do. :|
cole lol i mean code i read it as cole *facepalms*
Also became a member, but I fear I won't be able to get this working...
THERE WAS A SHOTGUN!? WHY WASN'T I INFORMED ABOUT THIS!?
In response to CodeWeasel22
CodeWeasel22 wrote:
SuperSaiyanGokuX wrote:

I'm using Windows 8. I have absolutely no idea what to do. :|

Ugh. My laptop is Windows 8, too (and I hate it! lol)

Though I believe the basic process is the same, you just have to get into the Firewall settings a little differently.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/ windows-firewall-from-start-to-finish

Near the bottom of that page are two sections ("Allow an app to receive info through the firewall" and "Open a port in Windows Firewall") that will help.

Of course, if you are also accessing the internet through a router, then you'll need to set that up, too. But that process should be the same no matter what OS you're using, as the interface is generally contained in the router itself (you just access it through your internet browser, with your local IP entered as the address)

Most of these settings will require you to select a port number for the access to go through. You'll need to use the same number at every step, including in BYOND where it asks when you go to host.
CodeWeasel22 wrote:
THERE WAS A SHOTGUN!? WHY WASN'T I INFORMED ABOUT THIS!?

Oh yeah. By the way, there's a shotgun. lol
Added a Port, doubt it will yield much fruit.
Also I still see the Shadow when I go into a hiding place.
It also isn't letting me use the Power switches for some reason...
CodeWeasel22 wrote:
Also I still see the Shadow when I go into a hiding place.

That's actually intentional. I wanted there to be a hint that something was there. I might lighten it a bit to make it a little less noticeable, but yeah, it's supposed to show.

It's kind of like how you'd sort of know if someone were hiding under a bed, or inside the shower, or under a table in real life. They might have made a noise, or there might be a bulge in the table cloth, or you might see an actual shadow, etc. Heck, if you believe in this sort of thing, you might just have a "feeling" that someone was there.

So in the game, when someone is hiding, there's still that little clue that they are there.
CodeWeasel22 wrote:
It also isn't letting me use the Power switches for some reason...

Hmmm. I'll have to test this one out. I've used them (and watched the bots use them) in testing, but there might be some specific circumstance where it won't work.

Unless... I saw that you were recently playing the Werewolf mode. The lights automatically turn off during "night"/werewolf phase, and you shouldn't be able to turn them back on with the switch. they come back on automatically in the "morning".
I tried it in other modes and they still didn't work.
CodeWeasel22 wrote:
I tried it in other modes and they still didn't work.

I did some testing, and I think I know what causes it (it should only be happening in any round played after the first is over). I'll have to dig into the code to see where it's getting tripped up.

I have it set to "turn off the lights" at the end of a round, then turn them back on when you select a map. Something in-between is causing the switch to stop working (maybe the variable that toggles on and off when it is turned on and off is getting stuck "off", or something along those lines. I noticed that even the icon_states of the switches gets stuck in the "off" position (even though the power and lights are on)
I see. So if you do a fix soon(Which I assume you'll want more bugs for) you'll also fix the room sleeping bug?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5