ID:134242

it'd be nice if we could actuly do more to our sites than just CSS, some people prefare HTML to CSS, be nice it we could incoporate more into our sits to make them look better, as CSS isnt always the same for different browsers, my byond site is antirely different in Firefox to IE, and if i could just change it like a normal site with HTML control also i could do more to it and make it worth visiting.., for 1, i could iframe a section and display all servers online at that time directly into my main BYOND page insted of havin to go threw all the links..

just an i dear tho. be nice tho to be able to do more.. to the byond sites than just changeing colours and repositioning things..
Problem is, IE has just about as many rendering problems with HTML as it does CSS. On top of that, HTML is a threat to the security of the viewers, especially in IE. If you really want your blog to look good in IE, than email Microsoft telling them to get off their lazy butts and fix their POS software. Perhaps in kinder words than that.

Even if they did give you the ability to edit basic HTML, IFrames would have to be blocked, because it would undo any security the staff might put in place.

CSS editing is a simple way to make sure people can make their site look like whatever they want, while preventing them from harming other peoples computers (Although their eyes aren't safe). HTML is just too much of a liability. It is also a bit tough to manage.

I can't speak for the staff, as I am not one of them, but I can say with all certainty that HTML is a no.
In response to Danial.Beta
We where allowed iframes for awhile in posts on the members blog, but eventually it got removed.
In response to Brendan S
They were only allowed because they hadn't blocked them yet. iframes go against any security measures the staff might take. Like blocking javascript and embedded media.
I mentioned at one point or another how upset it made me that iframes were disabled. I fully understand and support their removal, but I despise there being a need for their removal in the first place.

I hate monkeys sometimes.
In response to Jtgibson
Although I agree with you, there will also be people who try to exploit the system any way possible. So putting the power in the end user's hands is normally a bad idea, at least from a service based business's point of view.
So putting the power in the end user's hands is normally a bad idea

So feed it to them in easy bites- what kind of good reason would there be for iframes or javascript on a BYOND blog? Displaying server information from a hub page, right?

So maybe the staff would set it up so could grab info from a hub page in a nice way. You could add a list of hub pages to get data from, then use tags or what not to get stuff from it.

Step 1.
Address:[Elation.DBZrelegr8] ID:[DBZ] Button:[Add Hub]
(this would be on the member options page. type in address and ID, then click add hub)

Step 2.
On my page, I'd do:
RELEGR8 SERVER STATUS: <DBZ:status>
How many people are playing? <DBZ:players>

And it'd display the relevent information (I guess it'd write the javascript or whatever for it).
In response to Elation
thats a good idear, that would be sweet to display serten information directly into the blogs main window