ID:134520

Would it be possible to ever have the ability to have more than one .dm file open at once?

Some what like "Edit Plus 2" allows you to do.

See the bottom of this image if you don't understand.
I think you should have the ability to split of the DM window into two panes, and open a file into each. Sort of like how Word splits with the, I think it is, Window tab.
While the tabs are nifty, Dream Maker's Window menu seems to do roughly the same thing.

...I'd settle for a quick way to close all of the windows at once while leaving the environment open. Anyone know of a current method?
In response to ACWraith
ACWraith wrote:
While the tabs are nifty, Dream Maker's Window menu seems to do roughly the same thing.

If we want to keep the Window menu idea, I'd like it to be draggable as a 'sidebar' instead so I can have it viewable at all times, and can map keyboard shortcuts to numbers 1-10 or whatever in the list.

I'm still more for multiple tabs though, I have to agree. It helps a lot when working with a specific concept that spans over a few files.
In response to Alathon
I actually like how it currently is. I suppose it would be easy to support both, but it is nice how it is.
In response to Scoobert
Agreed. Managing tabs can often be annoying, especially when you go to open a file that is already 'open' in one of your tabs. Does it refocus the tab? Open a new tab with the document in it's old form? Reload the old file into the currently open tab, erasing any changes that might have been made? Make an annoying beeping noise?

If a tabbed interface were added, it would be great to have it optional, as some of us prefer the current system.