ID:134521

It would be nice if the BYOND members filehosting was set up so that DMCGI applications could be executed from them - I tried that, recently, but I just kept getting asked if I wanted to download the thing - I couldn't load it up as a webpage. I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing, or if the webiste just isn't set up for CGI stuff.
have you tried using the .cgi extension? i notice that byonds index is .cgi and no .dmb.
In response to A.T.H.K
Yes, I have. Anyway, I would expect that the BYOND website would be set up to use .dmb files!
Currently you can't execute CGI from your hosting, it's only for file hosting for the most part, not webpages. There was some talk about allowing some sort of limited DMCGI stuff for members, but other things have come up.
It'd still follow the space/bandwith limit (of course), but the ability to have DMCGI on our member blogs would be awesome. :o

I think it'd attract a lot of people to get a BYOND membership since most places refuse to install BYOND for DMCGI and such.
In response to Ol' Yeller
HyperBYOND (which I still work for as a techie) is going to offer free DMCGI hosting + free BYOND game hosting to all BYOND Members.

You will get your own account, and will be able to add/remove FTP users (buddies, who may or may not have a BYOND Membership) which will also be able to upload DMCGI applications (this service will however be monitored so if everyone is going to just give them to their friends we'll remove it to encourage BYOND Memberships, so be wary and limit your activities... think of the $15's). Additionally, you will be able to host your own BYOND games.

It's sad that I need to announce this now (it's not quite finished) but I've been looking for a way to contribute to BYOND Members, and now that I'm a member myself even more. =P
The system is not yet done but in the very least I can give you an account which supports DMCGI access. If you have a domain, we can host it for you.

Any and all applicants should refer to [email protected] for their accounts (if they want it).
Non-members will automatically be rejected. Sorry. In the future, we may either charge money or provide a more limited service. I'm hoping for a combination of the two.

Note that it's likely for BYOND Staff not to give DMCGI access due to the insecurity of it (you could crash the BYOND servers with one of those). We're willing to sacrefice the HyperBYOND server for that one. This DOES mean that one idiot may be able to ruin it for all, but it's likely the process will be closed before doing any critical damage.

-- Data

EDIT: Added to Members page. Look in there for the required information I need to know.
I request the ability to use your blog to host DMCGI programs.
In response to Koil
Koil wrote:
I request the ability to use your blog to host DMCGI programs.

You can't use the BYOND Members' blog (or any blog for that matter) for that purpose, since you'd be able to extract login cookies off of them. These cookies can then be used to pose as another member.