ID:1350312

BYOND Version:499
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 28.0.1500.95
Applies to:BYOND Pager

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Adverts very usually glitch out fabulously, playing, usually the same ad, up to 6 times, specially seems to occur when the world restarts

This is why pretty much noone sane runs the new pager (other than the interface being horrible)
I'm insane in the membrane then.

I'd like to disagree on your last statement on the basis that not everyone plays games often. I work in DM most of the time.
I agree with albro on this. The new pager is a great step in the right direction. and as for ads being glitchy, I haven't had an issue with them, and even if they are then people should buy the inexpensive membership (and or beg teka o.o) and support byond while getting rid of the "frustration" of the ads and enjoying the games made possible by this program.

Btw if you've ever watched TV you are paying to watch crappy ads all the time, I think byond has every right to set it up this way and it is quite fair, granted there will be bugs in all software but they will work it out in time.
Problem is, as the majority of any playerbase isnt gonna pay to removed the glitched adverts or even upgrade to the new pager (which is absolutely horrible as a player, as bookmarks now even appear to be removed, previously they were just horrible to navigate and buggy as hell)
In response to Tobba
Tobba wrote:
Problem is, as the majority of any playerbase isnt gonna pay to removed the glitched as fuck adverts or even upgrade to the new pager (which is absolutely horrible as a player, as bookmarks now even appear to be removed, previously they were just horrible to navigate and buggy as hell)

Bookmarks were recently re-added. Click the "Open..." button, or "Open Location" in the gear menu.
Thats pretty cool actually

Its also deceptivly hard to find
They should be on the home page too.
I noticed some ads run at a weird scale that's much larger than the actual window and nothing meaningful plays in the loading screen. You just get audio and some small top left corner of the video. I don't know if that's the ad provider's fault or what but it has happened.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
They should be on the home page too.

Only fixed on the most recent it version of 499 it seems
I'll see if this version fixes the 5 minute adverts too

Its a pretty big deal if this happens in BYOND 500 since the new pager versions make the game semi-unplayable (hence why noone runs it and everyone asks for the old version)
Its mostly because you want to time the round start, which on some servers is as low as 60 seconds, a 40 second ad will give problems to this, so everyone raised the delay to 90 or 120 seconds, then the second problem that the ads bug out and replay for up to 5 minutes pops up
It may also be related to a link() call at round restart, which is just there to fix another BYOND bug where it doesnt reconnect properly