ID:1350904

Not a bug
BYOND Version:499
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 22.0
Applies to:Dream Maker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Few weeks ago I created a window which people could use to suggest ideas (with two inputs (one for subject, and the other one for the text)), however, it's given me many problems, some times it doesn't return all the text. (It's not that I'm exceeding the characters limit or anything, it's just that it won't copy all the text). I tried waiting 1 second after calling winget(), but it was still giving me the same problem.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Create an input, use winget to return the information into a var, and then check the var.

Expected Results:
To move the input's text to a var.

Actual Results:
Some times it works well, but some other times it doesn't return all the text.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Pretty often.
In other games? Haven't tested it, but I'm sure it does.
In other user accounts? Yes, it happened with more than 10 users.
On other computers? Yes.

When does the problem NOT occur?
I don't really know, I've seen some cases where the text was not long (maybe 30 characters) and it wouldn't get all the text either, it's pretty weird.

var/Message = winget(src, "Suggestion_Window.Suggestion_Message", "text")
src<<Message
Can you clarify? Do you know what the text was that you got, and where it cut off?
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Can you clarify? Do you know what the text was that you got, and where it cut off?

Well, I started testing now, and I noticed it stopped right before the '.

Edit 2/ My bad... Appareantly it's winset() the one which doesn't work properly when you try to copy a text with a '.

winset(src, "Suggestions Admin.Suggestions_Label", "text='[Suggestion.Message]'")
Don't use single quotes, because in winset that's interpreted as a file reference in some cases. Escaped double quotes will work, but you won't need them as long as you remember to use url_escape() on the text.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)