In response to Roofie raccoon
Roofie raccoon wrote:
I got it, I got it, I got it, I got, OH! My arthritis kicked in.

No, actually never heard of that one. Seems like a more innocent prank to do and I don't think they would mind getting you a new one.

Also, he doesn't show it in this particular video, but he always goes back and picks up the cup and ice he dropped.

I work in food service too, except I'm at Vandy. We get the occasional prank where someone stacks like 10 cups on top of each other and sends them on the conveyor belt to the dish-room, then they end up falling onto the floor. My co-workers get pissed but I think it's hilarious. We get back at them by scaring them. Sometimes they leave their university card on their tray, and then they knock on the dish room door to ask us if we saw it. I'll say something like "Sorry, we didn't see any. By the way, the first card is free but if you lose it they charge you $300 to replace it."

That "where the hell am I supposed to get $300?" expression on their face is priceless.
You should always take care of yourself before others. Especially when it comes to finances. Also, do you live in the bad parts of Detroit or something? Like, shit. lol

(inb4 "which is the bad part of detroit")
Don't get me started on how bad Detroit is. Detroit is on it's deathbed to say the least.
I live in St. Clair, very close to Detroit lol
We moved from Detroit before it got REALLY bad ( in 2007 ). Kwame Kilfaggot screwed everything. Raised the water bill and we couldn't even afford to take care of our lawn anymore. Charged us to have our garbage picked up. Shut down the recreation center me and my cousin used to go to. He was using the city's money to hire strippers and have little "topless lady" events at the mayor's mansion. It's just a wasteland now.

This is a picture of the house I lived in from '99 to '07. Let's just say our street looked NOTHING like that in '99. When we got there every house had someone living in it. Judging by that picture only 5 people are still living there. And it's like that on EVERY street now. Just abandoned house after abandoned house, with a few people still sticking around for whatever reason.
I have relatives living in Detroit and they seem to be doing quite fine despite how corrupt it is over there. Houses are extremely cheap. My 23-year old cousin bought one for about 21-23k about a year ago but it could've been a rundown crackhouse like I suspected-who knows. I'll probably start visiting them more often since I'm moving to Chicago by the end of this month-about 4 hours away from them. Can't say I'm looking forward to it but the rent in Brooklyn, NY is extremely high now and I don't have much of a choice.
Man, get yo little american ass over to england and chill with me! :D Or i'll come over to ye old us of a and beat the shit out of those pricks!
I found out who hit my car :P
In response to Ripper man5
Ripper man5 wrote:
I live in St. Clair, very close to Detroit lol

I dunno that I'd call that "very close" (I mean, it seems you're about as far away from Detroit as I am from Cleveland, OH, and I wouldn't say that Cleveland's problems have spread so far as to touch my city)

But I do find it pretty funny that just based on how shitty the people in your area seem to be, someone guessed that you lived in/near Detroit, and relatively speaking (based on the entire U.S. of A.), they almost nailed it...lol
Flint, Michigan is way worse than Detroit but Detroit is close behind. They're actually the top 2 most deadly cities in the U.S.
Ripper man5 wrote:
I found out who hit my car :P

How did that happen?
Another employee; I forgave her and life moves on.
Ripper man5 wrote:
Another employee; I forgave her and life moves on.

How do you do it? I mean, I remember and keep grudges for a long, long time, for whatever reason that is. I guess that makes me a small person? Meh.
Well, at the very least, you don't have to continue wondering who hit your car.
In my life I get harassed very often and treated unfairly; it only comes natural to not care about things like this. the main point of this post was to inform the community on how I was doing and that donation may or may not slow down because of the cost of things.
In response to Taitz
The way I see it is there's no point in holding a grudge against someone. Sure, if you are treated badly then you may not go out of your way to help them, but I find holding grudges distracts me from better things I could be doing.
In response to Albro1
Strangely enough it doesn't distract me at all, it sort of acts as a fuel to my motivation to do things faster and better, improves focus and I see less, which makes things much clearer, gives a sense of purpose I guess?

Supposedly I have a strong sense of justice, whatever that might be, since in the end it is my own justice.

It would take a lot of willpower for me to leave the grudge, bad treatment or unfair accusations etc.
I guess that sort of thing boils down to personal disposition.

I'm an incredibly patient and laid-back kind of guy, so I don't feel any need to hold onto any grudges, because I place extremely little importance on slights I've "suffered" from others. I see virtually nothing as being worth getting upset over. In fact, to me it all boils down to "did it kill me? no? then who cares?"

There is a short list of "triggers" that would get me going, but the average person is likely to never trip any of them. Everything else just rolls off.

Now, I can become incredibly angry, if pushed to it (again, by someone hitting one of my main triggers; or through a very sustained "assault" of lesser annoyances) Basically, I like to think of my anger as a very large bomb, but it's attached to a very long fuse which doesn't light (or remain lit) easily.

But again, that's just my own personal disposition. To each his/her own.

I know people, on the other hand, who allow all of her anger and frustrations to build up and snowball. Every little thing that happens to them is viewed through the lens of how angry they were from everything that came before. So these people end up disproportionately angry at every little thing. These sorts of people need to learn to compartmentalize.
Grudges require too much energy. Like when you hold a grudge, at least for me, I have to TRY to be a dick to the person I'm hating. Back last year when I first got hired at the university I worked at, we had one really old guy ( like 80 years old I think ) who was an ass. He kept talking to me like I was stupid ( saying obvious stuff like "set the dish upside down, the water won't drain off the dish if you don't set it upside down" ), had the nerve to call me lazy because I had gone missing ( I was told to work over in another area of the dining center that day, he assumed my absence meant I was somewhere hiding ) and was telling all the employees that I was throwing trash bags onto the elevator and just leaving them there ( which is funny because I had several co-workers who saw me everyday taking the trash to the dock, and not just tossing it somewhere and leaving it ).

Now I could've started screwing with this guy. I could've watched him while he opened his locker, figured out his combination and stole his stuff. I could've thrown a plate down the disposal and left it there, so when he comes back and turns on the machine, the plate just shatters and jams everything up and he can't use it. I could've used the hose and shot water in his face, and then apologize as if I didn't do it intentionally. But why? All that requires too much energy. I'm too lazy to dedicate that much effort to "getting back" at someone.

One day I walked into the pot room and I saw the gloves box was empty and he was washing dishes with his bare hands. So I'm like "this guy is old and can't run down stairs and get a new box" so I just did it. I ran down stairs, grabbed a box of gloves and brought it back up for him. Later that day as I was going home he stopped me and said "thanks for bringing up that box of gloves, I couldn't find any when I looked". He wasn't even making eye contact, he had his head turned to the side and was looking toward the ground with this look on his face that made it seem like he was mustering every ounce of power in his old wrinkly body in order to say something nice to me for a change.
It seems like every post by Ripper (save for his one about free memberships to his fans) attracts fairly intellectual, and like minded people.

You're a brain-magnet, Ripper!
Page: 1 2 3