ID:1358514

I only have a few things open, but my computer is running very slowly and I can hear the fan whirring loudly. Opened task manager up to this:

holy crap

byond.exe drops down to ~300,000 K and cranks up to ~500,000 K every few seconds, and consistently remains at 50 CPU. The only thing I did was open the pager, and only the home and feed tabs are open. I've had it open for a few hours now. I also can't seem to get the pager to open from the tray anymore.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm on 499.1202.

Edit: It crashed after I clicked on the tray icon a bunch of times.
I reopened the pager and then someone paged me. I clicked on the tab to view the page and byond.exe immediately locked up and is no longer responding.

Edit: Okay yeah it absolutely hates the idea of me trying to read pages in the pager. I can easily view the home and feed tabs, but as soon as I click on a tab with a page in it, the CPU usage spikes up to ~50 and it locks up. Bleh.
I have this same issue. The BYOND pager takes up an insane amount of processing power.
This happens to me as well when I have the pager running long enough.
In response to TheLionsRoar
TheLionsRoar wrote:
This happens to me as well when I have the pager running long enough.

Been facing the same problem for a while, got too lazy to report it. Seems to lag when you receive/send a message to someone that you have a long chat history with.