ID:136872

Consider this a request!

There are procs called for keypresses for 1-9 on the keypad (West(), East(), Center(), etc)... can we get them as well for the following:

Insert()
Home()
PageUp()
PageDown()
Delete() // might be confusing without a rename
End()
F1()... F12()
Numpad0()
Multiply()
Add()
Separator()
Subtract()
Decimal()

I know these are defined as macro keywords, but it would be very nice to be able to catch them in an otherwise non-macroed environment.
Insert()
Home()
PageUp()
PageDown()
Delete()
End()

would be helpful.
Personally, I would love to see some raw key trapping for every key which would send keydown and keyup events, like the C code in [link]. (Yes, I know that C code doesn't send keyup and keydown events, but it does show how to trap the make and break key events, so Dantom doesn't have to dig through reference books for it if they want to go with it. :) )
In response to Shadowdarke
Shadowdarke wrote:
Personally, I would love to see some raw key trapping for every key which would send keydown and keyup events, like the C code in [link]. (Yes, I know that C code doesn't send keyup and keydown events, but it does show how to trap the make and break key events, so Dantom doesn't have to dig through reference books for it if they want to go with it. :) )

This would fall under "don't do this in multiplayer" I think...for single-player running on the player's machine, it should be fine for performance, but on the net, every key stroke from every player would generate an awful lot of lag...
In response to Deadron
Aggreed, but if Dantom could make it work as the special mouse functions do, only transmitting data for overridden procs, it should be feasable for trapping a few specific keys, like the arrows, ctrl and alt all trapped in one game. Large scale key trapping would be reserved for client/server games.
In response to Shadowdarke
Shadowdarke wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking about that subconciously all day.

It'd really help lag -- rather than spamming the server with repeating keyboard commands, it'd just assume that, when held down, the player was repeating the command every tick until it got a keyup.
In response to Deadron
This would fall under "don't do this in multiplayer" I think...for single-player running on the player's machine, it should be fine for performance, but on the net, every key stroke from every player would generate an awful lot of lag...

How so? No more than macro mode already does.

[edit] Well, maybe twice as much. Two events would be sent.
keydown (sent by client) -- only records the button pressing
keypress (assumed by server when it receives a keydown) -- one-shot event that happens when the button is hit, like Click() currently does
keyup (sent by client) -- when the button is no longer being held.
Oooooh I'd love this!

Z