ID:136971

Please upload an icon for your game, if you want one, so we can test out a slightly new layout for the hub. I installed these changes somewhat prematurely, because I got eager to get some icons.

The icon can be .bmp, .jpg, .gif, or .png. It should be 64x64 or less, but whatever you upload will automatically be scaled down to that size if it is too large.

I'm not quite happy with the main BYOND.Games page yet. The icons currently will only show up in the full listings, since they would clutter up the main expanded listing. We might need to add a "small icon" for places like that.

--Dan
[Edit]
Okay it *seems* I got it uploaded. BUT it doesn't show up. The icon points https://secure.dantom.com/hubicon/2/1392.png There.
In response to Nadrew
Am I going blind? I can't seem to locate the spot to update the zipfile for the hub entry. It seems the Icon File has replaced it entirely...
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Hmm. It seems when I upload nothing happens

Oops. I forgot to update the upload script. Should be fixed now.

--Dan
In response to Dan
Yep it does.
I have a preliminary Tanks icon up. The Games Live! listing looks nice, but I liked having the game title separate from the author. The titles look a bit noisy the way they are now.
In response to Shadowdarke
I agree I liked the way the old live listing better it looked more organized.
This a little off-topic, but I can't even get my game to display right on the hub. All I have to do is set world.hub in my game to the ID (Cinnom.DuelWorld) it gives me, right?
In response to English
English wrote:
Am I going blind? I can't seem to locate the spot to update the zipfile for the hub entry. It seems the Icon File has replaced it entirely...

Eh. Oops!
In response to Cinnom
Cinnom wrote:
This a little off-topic, but I can't even get my game to display right on the hub. All I have to do is set world.hub in my game to the ID (Cinnom.DuelWorld) it gives me, right?

Yes. That should work. Do you have your pager on and all that jazz?

--Dan

In response to Nadrew
I like the icons and having the description below the game, but I think the title should come first, then the author in a separate table cell.
For hub channels, "use info text in place of contents page" doesn't work quite right. It just displays the info text on a white background.

Also, would it be possible for us to get a toggle to display the info text AND the contents listing? I'd like to have info text at the top, and then the listing underneath it. That way, I'd be able to provide some introductory notes without making people click their way through just to see the actual entries.

-AbyssDragon
In response to Dan
Yep, my Dream Seeker is open and my pager is on. world.hub is clearly set to Cinnom.DuelWorld:

world
hub = "Cinnom.DuelWorld"

And it just shows up as "DuelWorld", as you can see.

By the way, I like the blue on black.
In response to AbyssDragon
AbyssDragon wrote:
For hub channels, "use info text in place of contents page" doesn't work quite right. It just displays the info text on a white background.

You are expected to provide the full html page if you use that option. In other words, you need to provide your own body colors and all. I'll make it detect if you don't do that and just use the default one.

I haven't forgotten your request to put the description on the front page. I'll add a toggle for that.

Uploading my icon as a 64x64 .png absolutely fails. The transparent background is displayed as solid white.

[EDIT]
I can't get transparent icons to upload correctly as .gif OR .bmp format either. If I upload a .bmp with a gray background, it converts to a .png with a white background. If I upload a transparent .gif, the transparency is gone when it's uploaded.

Lummox JR
In response to Cinnom
Ahh, I finally figured it out. This line was in my environment file:

/world/hub = ""

I deleted it, and it would just reappear every time I compiled. So I deleted the whole environment and made a new one. I don't know why or how that line got there, but the problem is fixed.
In response to Cinnom
Cinnom wrote:
Ahh, I finally figured it out. This line was in my environment file:

/world/hub = ""

I deleted it, and it would just reappear every time I compiled. So I deleted the whole environment and made a new one. I don't know why or how that line got there, but the problem is fixed.

Oops, I know how that happened. It's because the "package files" system stores the hub name. It shouldn't have saved it like this, though. Will fix...
I doubt many people have this problem, but I think I originally came here through an old link which pointed to www.dantom.com/dung, which I've been using since then; I've never noticed any difficulties going through this address instead of www.byond.com, but the game icons are all broken. I know the byond.com form is shorter, but it just doesn't have the same ring to it (almost like a bell, yet browner-sounding).
In response to Lummox JR
I had that problem with png format. The specified transparent color was displayed, but the black became white. I've had no trouble at all with transparent gif though.
In response to Shadowdarke
Shadowdarke wrote:
I had that problem with png format. The specified transparent color was displayed, but the black became white. I've had no trouble at all with transparent gif though.

Transparent .gif doesn't work for me either. I wonder if maybe it worked for you because you uploaded before the script changed.

Lummox JR
Page: 1 2