ID:137258

Just a little half-thought.

I think itd be kinda neat if you were able to access generic game-controllers in byond, either program give them a command from design-time, or set a macro to them (that would work as a macro anytime you hit that button on it, weather or not macro was turned on).

I know, its proly kinda unfeasable, even with the fact that most of the more common ones are just generic usb ones that dont even use special drivers.

Just an idea ^_^; I know you guys got better things to work on *L*

Elorien
I think itd be kinda neat if you were able to access generic game-controllers in byond, either program give them a command from design-time, or set a macro to them (that would work as a macro anytime you hit that button on it, weather or not macro was turned on).

I know that Logitech lets you do this with their own individual software program, so I don't really see a reason to bind it to BYOND itself. =)
In response to Spuzzum
O.o; logitech doesnt make all the game contollers out there tho ^^;; Mines just a generic thrustmaster 12 button controller ^^ Windows has a bunch of built in generic controllers, so Id think that they woudlnt be -too- hard to be able to map into byond.

Elorien
In response to Elorien
Guess What, They Answer to all your problems have been solved!(Hopefully)

I have this weird little program that came with FDDR, it lets you set your joystick/gamepad to let you emulate keyboard key, send text to the active window, and even emulate the mouse

Its pretty cool, the other night i had my NES controler hooked up to my PC so i used the program to play DWO(or try to play it) with my NES controler