ID:1374191

Resolved
BYOND Version:499
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Internet Explorer 10.0
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Scrolling with a mouspad or something isnt a button will scroll in small increaments. So when I try scrolling in Dream Maker it doesn't scroll unless I go fast enough to scroll in bigger increaments.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Try scrolling with a mousepad.

Does the problem occur:
On other computers? Yes, my mothers laptop

When does the problem NOT occur?
If I use an regular mouse, scrolling works fine.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?
It has been a problem ever since I started using BYOND.

Workarounds:
I could use my other mouse/scrolling methods.

I believe the scrolling should work similar to Notepad, scrolling is locked in the same way but you can still use a mousepad to scroll.

Thankyou for your help!
It also doesn't scroll using touch screen controls. I wonder if that's relevant.
Um, do you mean a track pad on a laptop? A mousepad is literally an inert surface you put under your mouse.

What method do you use to scroll with the device? If it's not a mouse wheel (or something that would send the WM_MOUSEWHEEL message, that is) or clicking the scrollbars, most parts of the BYOND interface probably don't recognize it, but that might be possible to adjust.

I'm not sure I see this as a bug in any event, merely something it'd be nice to add to improve operability on other devices.

[edit]
There actually is a problem in the syntax editor's mouse wheel handler, that could explain an issue. Apparently some track pads send delta values smaller than 120 or -120 and this confuses software that wasn't expecting it. In most other places the wheel is being handled correctly by keeping track of delta until it hits -120, but not here.
I believe this is fixed in 500.1205 due to some code changes to the mousewheel handling. Please retest in that version.
Yeah my bad x.x I was like, its a mouse + its a pad, mousepad.

But anyway, It works perfectly fine 500.1205!

Thankyou very much!
Tom resolved issue