Space Station 13

by Exadv1
Space Station 13
Stay alive inside Space Station 13
ID:1375432

A server where the admins + host would much rather ban then admit to being wrong upon investigation of a "grief" matter.

Don't reccomend this server to anyone, theres a reason this server is usually 6-8th most populated. Probably banned half the population upon being wrong on matters repeatedly.

;)
I got banned. I was stripping the body of the CMO for an oxygen tank to survive and a griefer saw it as a borderline RP reason to stun baton me then continue to beat me with the baton and when someone tried to help by pulling me away, he opened fire with lasers. I got up and tased him, and let him live because Necaladun, an admin started questioning my actions of self defense. He demanded I let the guy go free or I would be banned for grief. Big mistake because the coward attacked with his boyfriend 10 minutes later with lasers and killed me. When I reported it, the same admin said he had a reason to kill me, reason being that I attacked him in self defense 10 minutes earlier when being killed for taking that oxygen tank. He then proceeded to ban me when I told him I suspected that he was friends with the griefer and covering for his actions. Its clear to me that the rules only apply to some.
I got perma-banned just when I accidentally hit a monkey, really, is that bad enough to get perma-banned?
Hi, I'm the head coder for Paradise Station.

I'll start with what I know. Candle Stick, you were permbanned by the host for "Abusing admin". We don't tolerate talking shit to admins, if you can't speak to us without insulting we're not interested in your company.

As for the other two players, I don't see your forum ckey as being banned, so I can't give any details.

Otherwise, you're all welcome to submit an unban request on our forums. We tend to permban more lightly, but we are also more flexible on unbanning.

The reason we're halfway down the list is because we've switched over to require BYOND 500 beta, which not everyone has/wants to run because they'd rather not have ads. I'm fine with where we are, we have a commited community of great players. Quality > Quantity and all that.
I see no bans for either Nokkard or Firestickman. In fact, neither of you seem to have ever been on the server.

Feel free to come appeal at our forums - http://192.241.230.212/phpBB3/index.php

Currently 10 accepted and 9 declined appeals, so the chances there are fairly high if you're contrite or can show it was an actual mistake.

As for being 6-8th in the list after being up only a month, I'm actually quite proud.
In response to Necaladun
Maybe there multi-keyers.
I got perma banned for releasing a virus then leaving cause I was gonna leave anyways (I had to go) I did it for the sake of it...I'm sorry :(

Please un-ban me :(
Hey I was banned for griefing? And not answering multiple PMs but I didn't see any PMs because everything was chaos and I was dying from a virus that was killing everyone so I just punched someone in the face for fun, no griefing. So I was just wondering if I could just get unbanned, please?
Hi it was my first time playing and i found a hatchet.i saw that my square of options at the bottom was green i thought that would help someone so i tried it and i didnt realise that i was hitting him and then i got banned
I was banned because my brother on a different computer *same connection* hit someone with a wrench in self defense. The attacker didn't get banned and i didn't even witness the crime. I was in robotics and my brother was outside the HOP office. Not even close to robotics. i don't think my brother should be banned WITHOUT a reason as too why he was *he was just banned* and i definitely don't think i should be banned.
Thanks.
First time playing as a chef. Trying to roleplay a chef. A disease spread from the station and I walked into my kitchen. Two people rushed me in the kitchen and started pooping, sneezing, and eating all my food. I warned them to leave multiple times. I warned them I'd harm them if they didn't leave. They started eating all the food in the kitchen. I was mad because it was my first time as chef, only my second game in spacestation 13 and I was going to screw this up. As for the admins messaging me. I got nervous and left. I apologize. Please remove the ban and nothing like this will happen again.
They don't read this post. Or remove bans. This server is not worth the time for how little people role-play when killing you.
after 6 months of playing this server i have never ONCE seen an unjustified ban, in fact ive been banned myself twice and i still continue to play it daily and make video's on it. its a great server, as long as you read the rules and abide by them its fine, sure admins can be dickish sometimes but cant we all ;P honestly it was your own fault from what i can tell. again post an unban if it bothers you so much again UNBANNED TWICE HERE!
i have been banned 3 times by the same admin after reading the rules and not breaking them. I ask why i have been banned and get no reply.
In response to Codeslamer
Did you post on the forums in the unban section? If not they won't respond. Protocol man.
yep but the ban timer finally ran out so i just say every time my brother goes on it to not ip ban him because i use the same ip.
I cant recommend this server, because of admin behaviour.

We was working at hydroponics. A guy was standing outside and asked if he may enter to search for his belongings. I refused, but a little bit later he managed to get in and baton stun me. my college put me on my feet back and we both were hitting this guy.

He fall down, got up again and again attacked me and we hit him again and didnt stopped when he was on the ground. I never was sure that he wont get up again.

Admin healed the attacker and now we are both banned from this server. rofl

Cops, or the lawyer or whatever should have sentence us probably, but not god (admin) should do something. That not much having to do with roleplaying.

Think about america, where it is in some parts allowed to stand your ground.

When i would grief and attack people without a reason i would be probably fine with getting banned, but this shit...

I was banned many months ago early in my 2D spaceman career for being a shitty player. I got upset at a doctor and tried to frame him by putting unstable mutagen in the cryo tanks. It was poor roleplaying and I didn't have a good IC reason for my behavior. The ban was most certainly valid. Since then, I've spent a lot of time on RP heavy servers and don't play like an asshole anymore. From what I've read lately, Paradise has a lot of cool features and events that I would like to be a part of. If this is posted in the wrong place please direct me to the correct thread. Thank you for your time.
One thing I notice about all of your complaints is that they're all about how the admins ban you for the stuff you did IC. What I have a complaint about is the maintenance on the server.

I always see 2</= admins/moderators and at least one mentor on the server 24/7, yet recently when I would adminhelp things I got no response, not including when necaladun responded to my cryo podding. Then later when I would act without any advice I would be warned/questioned by an admin who was online and didn't answer me even in the slightest. I don't remember the specifics, just that it happened, and I can't get in trouble if I'm not answered or guided when I ask for it. Another time was when I went AFK and was job banned from unrelated positions of the one I got in trouble in. How do you get job banned from all command positions for suiciding, along with not responding to an Admin's PM, as a Warden? I wasn't even banned from that job, which confused me. It also bothers me that you can get banned so easily for not responding to an Admin's PM and also get in trouble for doing something out-of-line-apparently yet when it was adminhelp-ed there was no response.

Then there's the forums. I've seen so many admins, moderators, and mentors come and go onto the server, even a time around 15 were on all at once, yet the forums has a slow process rate. There was a time an appeal almost went a week without an answer, yet others were answered the day after or so on. I'm not sure what the process is, so I have little reason to complain, but I do think that something should be done about this. I was born with a weak respiratory system, (asthma) so I have a weak heart. I get scared easily, and heavy breathing. So when I'm waiting for an Admin/Moderator to respond to my appeal, job ban or perma ban, I get a pain in my chest as I wait, thinking they'll deny it upon sight. I mean, they pretty much brag about how many people they ban every day, even celebrated their 1000th ban, or something, so waiting for so long is hard on me, since for 24+ hours I'm thinking they'll just deny me and permanently keep me banned. And at this point, I'm too afraid to even talk to any of the admins, since I'm afraid that by doing so they'll just ignore me or ban me for either disrespecting them, talking out of line, or for just catching the attention of one who's just "sick and tired of people today."
I'm just going to mention a couple of things here. There is no need to feel afraid about appealing. I personally believe that most of the appeals are accepted, however there are cases which the individual does not follow the correct appeal format or the appeal is not written in a mature and calm behavior, which means that the appeal will be postponed to a later date.

The chances are, if you are permanently banned and have been so for more than a month or two already, you are most likely to get by with an apology and/or reading the rules, this varies on the case. You will most likely not be able to appeal here, use the forums instead and if your intention is to criticize the staff, we have a place for that in the forums. However, mature and well-behaved behavior is in order.

As I mentioned earlier, there is no need to fear administrators, they are there to make the server more enjoyable. If your PM is not answered, it does not mean you are ignored. It most likely means that it is not seen due to attack logs or the administrator is not currently on.

I hope that you all will enjoy the server, as there is a lot of work put into it, to make it enjoyable for everyone.

Regards,
Hero
Page: 1 2