You need to use the rgb() proc to output the color in hex.
rgb proc only displays the hex in text format. If you know how to construct colors in hex manually, you can just feed the string: e.g. "#FF00FFFF"
You can also used named colors. (see the "tags (text)" reference entry).
Is anyone having trouble seeing the new features in the DM Reference? They're all in there, so nothing is hard to figure out.
In response to Kaiochao
Actually, upon updating the new reference entries weren't present for me. I ended up having to go hunt down that silly VirtualStore folder and removing it again.
Does color only make the icon darker or brighter? Can't seem to get it to change colour, unless the icon has to be white first.
It does multiplication to change the color, so the lighter the base color the closer to the intended color you'll get. Using whites and light-greys as the base colors is a good way to do coloring. It's basically doing icon *= rgb(r,g,b) without the overhead.
bestial :o
I love this update and the things that people are already doing with it. Is there a game plan for the feature/s that'll be added in next, or is that undecided?
As far as I know, I believe Tom is looking into creating a "virtual server" for each client. The client will then do intensive operations on their own "server" and have it sync with the master server.

As well as the move to OpenGL.

But like I said, I'm sure those are pretty far off, if they're ever implemented.
This is awesome. I am definitely going to put animate and alpha to use!
The SS13 community thanks you, finally some big changes!

Keep up the good work.
In response to Biggs Mclargehuge
Thanks. Please pass on the word to the SS13 community that kicking in a few bucks for membership goes a long way toward keeping these features coming.
This is pretty fantastic progress. Go BYOND.
Nice! I'm going to love these updates.
A note: I see you went with 0-255 for alpha, Lummox Jr.

It took me a second to recall that thread you posted about it. Everything is working just fine, eliminates a lot of code for special effects :)
In response to Kitsueki
Kitsueki wrote:
A note: I see you went with 0-255 for alpha, Lummox Jr.

Why would it be something else? :|
In response to Albro1
0-100%
In response to Kitsueki
As far as colors are concerned, no one in their right mind would do 0 to 100.
In response to Vrocaan
Vrocaan wrote:
As far as colors are concerned, no one in their right mind would do 0 to 100.

0.0 to 1.0 is the only other valid option. 0 to 100 is... a needless abstraction.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5