ID:1375525

Not a bug
BYOND Version:500
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 29.0.1547.66
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

http://puu.sh/4q3lL.jpg

As shown in the image, using animate in SIDE_MAP map format causes that to occur.

I'm not really sure if there is a fix for this being that side map format is sort of hampered by issues in and of itself- but I thought I'd report it anyway.

I also tried to use a work around by upping the pixel_y but it doesn't seem to work.
It's very hard to tell what it is you are talking about. You may want to describe it with words. I'm assuming though that you are talking about the bags that are cut in half; am I correct?
Looks like the animated tiles are dropping below the tiles they are standing on when animated.
The image doesn't adequately describe the problem for me; I don't know what it's supposed to look like. The only thing I see wrong is that some of the icons appear to cut off at the bottom.

If you're just using a scaling factor on the icons, this is actually to be expected, as scaling is relative to the center of the icon. You would also need a translation in order for the icon not to be cut off by the turf to its south (which is what SIDE_MAP purposely does). E.g., if you're using a 32x32 icon, you probably want to add a 0,16 translation after the scale.
Just to be clear, if you're doing this:
animate(object, transform = matrix()*2, time=10)

...then with 32x32 icons, you should do this:
var/matrix/M = new
M.Scale(2,2)
// move the center up so the bottom stays where it is
M.Translate(0,16)
animate(object, transform = M, time=10)

The raw matrix is matrix(2,0,0,0,2,16).

You'd also get identical results if you translated the icon up 16 units first so its bottom was at center, scaled, then translated back down 16 units. That might be a way to go if your scale factor is ever arbitrary, as it will always produce correct results. Or you can just translate by 0,16*(scale_y-1) afterward, which is the same deal.
Basically what Ter13 said. When you use the transform feature of animate with the side map format, the icons tend to be clipped off at the bottom. I'll take the advice ^^
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)