ID:1375963

BYOND Version:500
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 31.0.1626.5
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Clicking over a Map (on not-tile portions, y'know, the black border region) or a Statpanel only calls MouseUp(), not MouseDown or Click() for a full click.

Also, for some reason, the unmapped/black of a map are not regarded as a drop-zone when things are being dragged through them (MouseDrag not being called), despite other controls getting it called when set as drop-zones. Even with the regular verb tabs of a statpanel, and not just the stat() tabs, the entire control is considered a dropzone.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Make client variants of MouseUp, MouseDown, and Click output something
2. Click on Statpanel or Map
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
client
MouseDown(obj,loc,con,params)
world << "MouseDown client || obj: [obj] || loc: [loc] || con: [con] || params: [params]"
..()
MouseUp(obj,loc,con,params)
world << "MouseUp || obj: [obj] || loc: [loc] || con: [con] || params: [params]"
..()
Click(obj,loc,con,params)
world << "Click || obj: [obj] || loc: [loc] || con: [con] || params: [params]"
..()

Expected Results:
Full set of Mouse control procedures to be called, or no calls at all.
Actual Results:
just MouseUp is called
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
In other games?
In other user accounts?
On other computers?

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
It's been happening for awhile, I think. I believe someone reported a bug regarding MouseUp and MouseDown before, not sure...? Maybe since then.

Workarounds:
None?
So, is this also on 499, or just the beta?
I thought I mentioned in the last version question, it's been happening for a long time. It's not related to the betas or 499. Very old.
Uh, I just wanted to bump this because I had an idea. This kind of half-bug report, half-feature request.

If the black/unmapped portions (border of map, default untouched /turf, opacity covered portions), even portions of statpanels and grids without an atom, get full MouseDown/Click support it'd be was easier to do MouseMove and MouseDrag(Move) stuff. Then, you wouldn't have to click on a tile to activate the features.

It's weird that those portions get MouseUp but nothing anything else, y'know.
Bumped for verification of the bug report and support of the feature request in the last post.