ID:1376251

Resolved
When editing .dm files, mouse wheel scrolling could sometimes break in one direction.
BYOND Version:500.1206
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 29.0.1547.66
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Randomly when scrolling through different tabs in DM; the scroll wheel will always scroll downwards. I was doing some re-writing between tabs that would sometime require looking back and fourth between a few files. Some tabs remain unaffected while others do not.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Unsure of exact reproduction, it appears to be random at the moment I haven't experienced this enough to notice a connection between them, aside from going from tab to tab works on bits at a time in multiple files.
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
Able to scroll both upwards and downwards.
Actual Results:
Downward scrolling only.
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Rather random, often enough to happen to me several times tonight.
In other games?Shouldn't matter
In other user accounts?Shouldn't matter
On other computers?Unsure, not able to test this currently.

When does the problem NOT occur?
Random issue makes it hard to pinpoint when it does or does not happen.
Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Pre-500, I didn't play with .1205 much, but I assume the issue was related to the bug report here.
Workarounds:
Closing the tab and re-opening seems to fix the issue.
I haven't seen this, but it must be related to a fix for the scrolling on some systems. There's a var that keeps track of the mouse "delta" in the syntax editor; maybe it's getting confused and keeping too high a value stored if the scrolling fails (like at the end of a document). I have a fix for that.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
When editing .dm files, mouse wheel scrolling could sometimes break in one direction.