ID:1376573

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Map dimensions in Dream Maker are still limited to 1000x1000, despite the limits during runtime being roughly a total area of 16777216 turfs.

That's a possible area of 4096x4096x1.

Can we increase the limit per axis to the full range of a 2-byte integer? A total maximum range of 65,536 would be excessive, and as such a better limit than 1000.

You have no idea how maddening it is to not have an upper bound of 1024. X_X
Are you basically requesting id:116886?
No. World.maxx/maxy limits have been increased already. At runtime, you can create any sized world, but in the map editor, you can only make a DMM that is 1000x1000.

The Dream Maker IDE is limited to 1000x1000, when the runtime environment is not. Try changing world.maxx to 2000 and world.maxy to 1000. It'll take a while, but it works.

I'm not requesting an additional 24 tiles, I'm requesting that the editor be brought in compliance with the capabilities of the environment.
If I'm not mistaken, the limit for both compile and run time has been raised with the new 4 byte DMB?

Should be able to have 4.2 billion
Yet, if you download the new 500 beta, try expanding a map past 1000x1000 in Dream Maker. --still doesn't work.
I believe the reason for this is the editor itself, it would probably wreck the IDE to load up a map any larger than 1000x1000.
FIREking wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, the limit for both compile and run time has been raised with the new 4 byte DMB?

Should be able to have 4.2 billion

Effectively any 2-byte limits are 3-byte now. References beyond 3 bytes are basically impossible to use in text form and are therefore meaningless, so there are actually some places where the 3-byte limit is enforced. As a practical matter it shouldn't be an issue, unlike 64K which was a big deal for some games.

Nadrew wrote:
I believe the reason for this is the editor itself, it would probably wreck the IDE to load up a map any larger than 1000x1000.

Yeah, I don't think DM could handle this without puking.