ID:137672

[wrong forum ... closed]

all of my games are held to strict visual standards. but i do not have the time to code a complex and time consuming part of this game.

the part is lazer guns. if a player double clicks anywhere he can see a lazer beem should go DIRECTLY to that square. this means the directional iconsa cannot be used. it HAS to look like a stright line.

also, if the lazer hits a square that a player or mob is in, it has to have a chance to hit it.. BUT only =to the presentage of space it is in that tile. this means if it travels to the direct center(it needs to always travel in the center of the tile chosen.) of the tile it has 100% chance of hitting whatever is in it. but if it only travels throgh the corner of the tile(in order to make a stright line to the target) it should only have about a 10% chance of hitting the mob or object and stopping.

this is a large part of this HUGE game. it will be one of the most common of the hundreads of things you are able to do in this game. anyone who wishes to do this will be given 10% of ALL income BEFOR expenses.

this is not an easy task. you must make the code that calculates a straight line to each and every square in view. but not only that, but it will have to follow that line till it hits something.

now this calculator should be split up so that it can be used to calculate lines for any number of objects or mobs.

oh yeah, you may use the code you make in your own game or give it out at will. but IF you do this, you will not get any money for the code becase that part will become freewear. if you do not use it and exept payment, you will be given credit but the copywrite will belong to Jeremiah M. Jobe and payment will be made once every two months for three years.

jobe wrote:
all of my games are held to strict visual standards. but i do not have the time to code a complex and time consuming part of this game.

the part is lazer guns. if a player double clicks anywhere he can see a lazer beem should go DIRECTLY to that square. this means the directional iconsa cannot be used. it HAS to look like a stright line.

also, if the lazer hits a square that a player or mob is in, it has to have a chance to hit it.. BUT only =to the presentage of space it is in that tile. this means if it travels to the direct center(it needs to always travel in the center of the tile chosen.) of the tile it has 100% chance of hitting whatever is in it. but if it only travels throgh the corner of the tile(in order to make a stright line to the target) it should only have about a 10% chance of hitting the mob or object and stopping.

this is a large part of this HUGE game. it will be one of the most common of the hundreads of things you are able to do in this game. anyone who wishes to do this will be given 10% of ALL income BEFOR expenses.

this is not an easy task. you must make the code that calculates a straight line to each and every square in view. but not only that, but it will have to follow that line till it hits something.

now this calculator should be split up so that it can be used to calculate lines for any number of objects or mobs.