ID:1376954

Resolved
Objs' and mobs' pixel offsets were erroneously calculated when animating pixel offset vars.
BYOND Version:500.1206
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 29.0.1547.66
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When using pixel_x,y,z in animate(), the animation seems to set the atoms pixel offset to the pixel_xyz value, then animate it an additional that same value further, then drops it back to the appropriate value when the animation finishes.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
mob
test()
animate(pixel_y=64,time=10)
sleep(20)
pixel_y = 0

Expected Results:
Atom should animate smoothly from the current pixel offset value to the target offset value.

Actual Results:
Atom jumps to the target value, animates an additional target value, than drops back to the target value. So, in the above example, the mob seems to jump to a pixel_y of 64, animates from there to a pixel_y of 128, then drops back to a pixel_y of 64.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
In other games?
In other user accounts?
On other computers?

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:

I have also observed this behavior, I assumed I was doing something wrong, but seems like it was there.
Try
mob
test()
animate(pixel_y=64,time=10)
pixel_y = 0
sleep(10)
pixel_y = 64
sleep(20)
pixel_y = 0

as a workaround.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Objs' and mobs' pixel offsets were erroneously calculated when animating pixel offset vars.