ID:1377719

BYOND Version:500 beta
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 29.0.1547.66
Applies to:BYOND Pager

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Upon opening the pager, the alerts for which games are online pops up. At that time the pager freezes.
And occasionally everything else I have going freezes as well.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Not sure, I do know it started the same night that 500 was released. After downloading 500 it seemed to work fine, but now it's back again doing the same thing.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
To use pager.
Actual Results:
Pager freezes the computer.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Yes.
In other games?
Yes.
In other user accounts?
No. Only on my main account. With my lesser used account it does not occur at all.
On other computers?
Don't have access to other computers.
When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?

Never happened til' a few nights ago.

Workarounds:

Use my other account.
Does this also happen in 499.1204 (now, anyway)? It sounds like something tied to your account is causing problems and I suspect it's unrelated to 500 specifically.
It doesn't happen very often(probably 3 times in the last week). The first night it occured was the release of 500.

Before then- I don't really remember it occuring.

Although I did experience a problem with the compiler also having run issues yesterday. I'd attempt to run the game, and the dreamseeker would not launch no matter how long I waited.

Multiple frozen instances of the dreamseeker would run but never actually open the game.

After restarting my computer and clean compiling several times it worked fine. Not sure if that is related or not.

The version I was running when it first occurred was 499.1204.

There are zero pager changes in 500.1209 vs. 500.1208. Whatever the cause of the freeze was, evidently it cleared up after you shut down the pager and installed another version. I suspect this ties into the lingering feed tab bug from 499, and may be a website thing rather than a software thing (that is, maybe some info is being delivered that's confusing the software), but I haven't had any firm leads yet.
This has been happening to me on 500.1210 and 499.1204
A lot. I've no idea but I'm having a hard time connecting to byond with my Main account.
Stephen001 changed status to 'Unverified'