ID:138070

After playing Tribes 2 I had a idea that would be neat to have in byond, where you could use a microphone(if you have 1) to talk to people on any game. not sureif it could be done.
On 4/30/01 5:51 pm Geo wrote:
After playing Tribes 2 I had a idea that would be neat to have in byond, where you could use a microphone(if you have 1) to talk to people on any game. not sureif it could be done.

Just go download Roger Wilco from its webpage (which I forget, but a quick web search will give it to you). That lets you talk to anyone in any program, as long as it supports multi-tasking (which BYOND does).
In response to Spuzzum
On 4/30/01 7:36 pm Spuzzum wrote:
Just go download Roger Wilco from its webpage (which I forget, but a quick web search will give it to you). That lets you talk to anyone in any program, as long as it supports multi-tasking (which BYOND does).

How then can I talk to other players?
Do I need to get their ip?
In response to sunzoner
On 4/30/01 10:28 pm sunzoner wrote:
On 4/30/01 7:36 pm Spuzzum wrote:

How then can I talk to other players?
Do I need to get their ip?

Yup. Which can be found by querying mob.client.address.

Only one player has to host, though. So you could designate one player as the host, and then everyone else joins the host to chat. Preferably, the host should be the beefiest computer there.