ID:138072

I know the following will not get implemented for a very long time, if at all, due to the ammount of work it would take to change.... but i thought i would post it anyway.... just in case...

I would like to see the following changes:

DREAM SEEKER
1. Have the graphic portion of the screen take up the whole screen. no title bar, no menues at the top, nothing. full screen like most games are today.

2. make all menues and panels float. with players able to drag them around, minimise or close them.

3. Options for game makers to make a minimap for there games. a feature that would be welcome for makers of role playing games.

4. the potential for both mouse and keyboard-scrolling should the maker of the game wish it.

DREAM MAKER
(map editor)
5. Click on one tile, hold shift, and click on another to select all tiles in between

6. click one tile, hold control and click a different tile to select only those two tiles (and not the ones inbetween)

7. have the above mentioned shift-click and ctrl-click functions compatable with each other. (eg click one tile, hold shift, click another, hld ctrl, click another, etc) this would allow for the selctions of strange shapes.

8. the mini-map should either have a zoom function, or be more acurate. when working on a 500x500 map, moving the mouse a tiny fraction on the mini-map, is actualy moving 2 or 3 tiles on the large map. its currently impossible for instance, to select a tile with an x or y co-ord of 10 when working on a 500x500 tile map.

(other)
9. a function to switch verbs on and off. eg the player finds a ring. a use verb should only be present when the player equips the ring. currently this could be possible but is extreamly complex and limited

10. a function to hide verb panels

11. once a game is compiled as an EXE, Byond should NOT be required to run it. all nescisary Byond files should become part of the compiled package, part of the game and no longer be available as the standard Byond tools.
Basicaly I want to be able to distribute a game that they can use "as is" without having to download Byond.

These are numbered in the order that i think they are most important.
and personaly i would rather see some of these in, than new sound tools, or new gaphics.

11. once a game is compiled as an EXE, Byond should NOT be required to run it. all nescisary Byond files should become part of the compiled package, part of the game and no longer be available as the standard Byond tools.
Basicaly I want to be able to distribute a game that they can use "as is" without having to download Byond.

Umm, how would Dantom get people to use the client product then? I can see this for single-player maybe, but don't forget Dan and Tom have to get something out of all their hard work, too:-)

-James
In response to Jmurph
On 4/30/01 1:06 pm Jmurph wrote:

Umm, how would Dantom get people to use the client product then? I can see this for single-player maybe, but don't forget Dan and Tom have to get something out of all their hard work, too:-)

Not to mention that the current EXE process automatically downloads BYOND with a huge amount of automated efficiency, meaning that the BYOND download seems like just another stage in the installation process if someone doesn't have the program.