ID:138081

This is something that maybe could be implemented like, after the project is basically finished. I was thinking, maybe you could make like a c++ library for programming a byond client. This would allow everybody to do the customization of the gui that everybody wants, and it could also lead some other things. It might allow people to display the graphics in a different way(if you could program the client, chances are you could use a 3d engine with c++ to to make 3d byond games). I dunno if that would work, but if it could, then that would really be kewl.
If that idea is not possible then it would also be pretty kewl just to be able to "skin" dream seeker, similar to the way you can skin winamp.
On 4/26/01 6:00 pm Ebonshadow wrote:
This is something that maybe could be implemented like, after the project is basically finished. I was thinking, maybe you could make like a c++ library for programming a byond client. This would allow everybody to do the customization of the gui that everybody wants, and it could also lead some other things. It might allow people to display the graphics in a different way(if you could program the client, chances are you could use a 3d engine with c++ to to make 3d byond games). I dunno if that would work, but if it could, then that would really be kewl.
If that idea is not possible then it would also be pretty kewl just to be able to "skin" dream seeker, similar to the way you can skin winamp.

that would be kewl =)
In response to Darkness
just a test

what we could really use is being able to change the look of DS. like ebon said skin.(i think that is what he is talking about). i have had a number of peaple that were just trying it out say to me that DS is not RP looking...
In response to jobe
On 4/27/01 9:18 am jobe wrote:

what we could really use is being able to change the look of DS. like ebon said skin.(i think that is what he is talking about). i have had a number of peaple that were just trying it out say to me that DS is not RP looking...

All of those things that were said have already been requested a long time ago. It's a BYOND 3.x kind of thing, though. ;-)

I like the thought of having more control over your game; being able to make it more customizable. The boring thing about all the BYOND RPGs is that they're all the same...