ID:138091

Why is Slurpy Demo! listed as a project? Sure, it's not complete, but you can download it!

It says on the Projects page that games listed therein are neither hosted nor available for download.

[edited] Oh, I see what you did... you got rid of all potential for having the game downloadable as a zip file from elsewhere.

I don't know whether I should be mad or not, because that did confuse things.

Can we at least specify a custom link (i.e. name and URL)? I don't really want to have to go through the hub every time I want to add an update to the demo.
On 4/19/01 3:55 pm Spuzzum wrote:
Can we at least specify a custom link (i.e. name and URL)? I don't really want to have to go through the hub every time I want to add an update to the demo.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you want to do, but can't you just add that to the Info Text?
On 4/19/01 3:55 pm Spuzzum wrote:

Well, you can always use the info-url if you just want to point to a web page. Or you could just put the url in the info-text. Is your gripe that it would then appear as a 'project'?

The reason it is better to use the hub for downloads is that anyone who has previously used your demo will automatically receive an update notification whenever you change versions and they run an older version of the game. We want to encourage this (and also avoid confusion), so we got rid of the alternate download form.

Since you have to upload the game somewhere when you update it, why not just use the hub? You can always point to the hub link from elsewhere if you want to distribute your game from, say, your webpage.
In response to Tom
Since you have to upload the game somewhere when you update it, why not just use the hub? You can always point to the hub link from elsewhere if you want to distribute your game from, say, your webpage.

Oh, duh. That was going to be my main argument, and you got rid of that one pretty quickly. =)