ID:138094

Ok, can I buy a domain name and then use web forwarding to forward everything to my website at byond? this seems to be what deadron did, but I just want to make sure.
On 4/14/01 11:49 am Ebonshadow wrote:
Ok, can I buy a domain name and then use web forwarding to forward everything to my website at byond? this seems to be what deadron did, but I just want to make sure.

I actually set deadron.com to live at Dantom. You just have to specify it with the domain (Tom can provide the info).
In response to Deadron
On 4/14/01 11:50 am Deadron wrote:

I actually set deadron.com to live at Dantom. You just have to specify it with the domain (Tom can provide the info).

Yep. Once you have a domain name just tell us and we can host it for you.
In response to Tom
On 4/14/01 4:05 pm Tom wrote:

Alright, thanks Tom. Im gonna see about getting a domain name then.
In response to Ebonshadow
On 4/14/01 4:12 pm Ebonshadow wrote:

alright, www.darkshade.com is tooken so i guess we'll change out name to ebonshadow(i love that name anyways) cause www.ebonshadow.com is not tooken.
In response to Ebonshadow

If I may make one suggestion: whatever you do, don't get it from Network Solutions. At $35/year, they are very overpriced and their customer service is terrible. Just look at Guy's recent problem for an example.

I recently registered a domain at npsis.com, no problems whatsoever and they have a web control panel for realtime updates of your domain info. Tier Networking seems to have about the best deal around these days at $12/year. They sound pretty good but I can't comment on their service as I haven't actually used them personally. And there are lots of other cheap and good domain name registrars out there, just stay away from NetSol!
In response to Tom

You may have seen this when I posted about it a month or two ago, but just in case you missed it: I think Dantom becoming an OpenSRS Registered Service Provider would tie in very nicely to the various hosting packages. People could register their domains here at the same time as they sign up for hosting, and you make a few extra bucks on the deal.
In response to Air Mapster
On 4/14/01 6:27 pm Air Mapster wrote:

If I may make one suggestion: whatever you do, don't get it from Network Solutions. At $35/year, they are very overpriced and their customer service is terrible. Just look at Guy's recent problem for an example.

I recently registered a domain at npsis.com, no problems whatsoever and they have a web control panel for realtime updates of your domain info. Tier Networking seems to have about the best deal around these days at $12/year. They sound pretty good but I can't comment on their service as I haven't actually used them personally. And there are lots of other cheap and good domain name registrars out there, just stay away from NetSol!

and here another one that i found looking through the internet: http://bulkurl.com/ 9.99 per year.
but like what Air Mapster said. "I can't comment on their service as I haven't actually used them personally"