ID:138096

Ah the new layout should make things easier for people.

This weekend I'll try to get the rest of my tutorials/library posted appropriately.
On 4/13/01 1:02 am Deadron wrote:
Ah the new layout should make things easier for people.

This weekend I'll try to get the rest of my tutorials/library posted appropriately.

That's excellent. We should have the rest of the site finished tommorow. There are a few more sidebar links, and we'll be integrating the "console" a bit better (the current "console" link is just for temporary use).

I'll put up the existing tutorials as well. Those of you who have contributed to the InfoCenter in the past should contact us if you'd like to post your original entries and need the data.

Note that the new hub entries have been stripped a bit; I felt that some of the fields were causing confusion. There is no longer a "download URL" option, for instance (if you'd like to provide that, just do so in the info text-- it is formats just like this forum so you simply need to type the link). If you would like to distribute your game/demo/library, it is better to just upload the zip, since the hub will manage version checking and only download+install of your entry on the user's local machine when they don't already have it.

There are also "category" and "status" fields for your games. Those of you with existing entries might want to make classify them accordingly. We've just assumed that things are "complete" for the most part.
In response to Tom
On 4/13/01 3:17 am Tom wrote:
There are a few more sidebar links

Would the FAQ be one of those?

In response to Deadron
On 4/13/01 8:28 am Deadron wrote:

I was thinking that the "developer FAQ" should go in as a tutorial, since that's where I want new users to look early on.

But maybe we can put it directly on the sidebar.
In response to Tom
On 4/13/01 3:22 pm Tom wrote:
On 4/13/01 8:28 am Deadron wrote:

I was thinking that the "developer FAQ" should go in as a tutorial, since that's where I want new users to look early on.

But maybe we can put it directly on the sidebar.

I'm of mixed feelings...the sidebar already has an awful lot of links, but many many people read the FAQ first when they come to a site, and who knows if they'll look in Tutorials for it...

In response to Deadron
On 4/13/01 3:24 pm Deadron wrote:

I'm of mixed feelings...the sidebar already has an awful lot of links, but many many people read the FAQ first when they come to a site, and who knows if they'll look in Tutorials for it...

I added it back in for now. We can make the final call later on.