ID:138097

ok I sent my game with the .dmb and .rsc files to someone who i was going to let host it for me. when they tried to start the game it would say ultra-safe(no file access)and the game wouldn't load for him. Is there any way that it can be run in safe(working directory access) mode like it is when i host it
On 4/12/01 7:32 pm Haroki wrote:
ok I sent my game with the .dmb and .rsc files to someone who i was going to let host it for me. when they tried to start the game it would say ultra-safe(no file access)and the game wouldn't load for him. Is there any way that it can be run in safe(working directory access) mode like it is when i host it

its not that it wont host..... its that it not the game... you sent me JUST enof to run the map... and a night mud fighting system... and some un tested systems... if i include everything i have over 15 errors... i just said that i dont think you sent me the right game..
In response to jobe
On 4/13/01 8:13 am jobe wrote:

its not that it wont host..... its that it not the game... you sent me JUST enof to run the map... and a night mud fighting system... and some un tested systems... if i include everything i have over 15 errors... i just said that i dont think you sent me the right game..

Well, not sure what exactly you two are doing (I'd recommend just sending the .dmb and .rsc for now, and leaving the source code out of it until your ready). But if you want a game to run in safe mode, you have to put the .rsc and .dmb in a directory with their same name. Eg.

/spuzzum/spuzzum.dmb
/spuzzum/spuzzum.rsc

Maybe that would be a nice thing for the FAQ.
In response to Spuzzum
On 4/13/01 1:59 pm Spuzzum wrote:
On 4/13/01 8:13 am jobe wrote:

Well, not sure what exactly you two are doing (I'd recommend just sending the .dmb and .rsc for now, and leaving the source code out of it until your ready). But if you want a game to run in safe mode, you have to put the .rsc and .dmb in a directory with their same name. Eg.

/spuzzum/spuzzum.dmb
/spuzzum/spuzzum.rsc

Maybe that would be a nice thing for the FAQ.
well i didnt send jobe the game at all i sent him a map and part of the code which is needed to make maps. i dont think i sent you the a night mud fighting system because my game doesnt even use it. Anyway i was trying to run it of someone elses system.it has changed to this now.
Auto-safety mode: safe (working directory access). it also says
Your key has expired. To renew it, you must try again while connected to the Internet. this only happens when he tries to host it