ID:138107

Alright, I have an awesome plan for characters to be able to create their players through a stat panel when they log in. I have it let them pick their hair style, and then they can color it using rgb. Now there are two major things I would like to be able to do. #1, I would like to be able to stat the players icon above the verb list, in the same panel. One way I could do this is by creating objects instead of verbs, for instance, and object named add red, and then stat it under the icon. However, it would be much easier that if you could set the category of a verb for an already made statpanel, so it would just put all the verbs in a list just like normal except under the stat panel.(I can't explain things well ;) ). Secondly, I would like to be able to stat the players icon so you can see the icon with the hair ontop of it. The only problem is that overlays and underlays do not show up over an icon in the stat panel, and, the hair is an overlay. I would really appreciate these two features. They may not seem simple as the title suggested but they are compared to my past requests neways! hehe.
On 3/31/01 10:45 am Ebonshadow wrote:
Alright, I have an awesome plan for characters to be able to create their players through a stat panel when they log in. I have it let them pick their hair style, and then they can color it using rgb. Now there are two major things I would like to be able to do. #1, I would like to be able to stat the players icon above the verb list, in the same panel. One way I could do this is by creating objects instead of verbs, for instance, and object named add red, and then stat it under the icon. However, it would be much easier that if you could set the category of a verb for an already made statpanel, so it would just put all the verbs in a list just like normal except under the stat panel.(I can't explain things well ;) ). Secondly, I would like to be able to stat the players icon so you can see the icon with the hair ontop of it. The only problem is that overlays and underlays do not show up over an icon in the stat panel, and, the hair is an overlay. I would really appreciate these two features. They may not seem simple as the title suggested but they are compared to my past requests neways! hehe.

I Second that Request :)
In response to Darkness
On 3/31/01 10:49 am Darkness wrote:
On 3/31/01 10:45 am Ebonshadow wrote:

no no no.. you dun get it! you can do anything in byond its just hoe you do it. you dont need overlays! add every overlay combination to the icon! then all you would have to do is code it give only the icon state you want. like if they pick red hair then in you icon have a person with all the differant hair colors. and if the have a sword have an icno for every sword for every hiar style. and every hair style with every sword and each HairAndSword would each have every armor to them...... sure its alot of icon states but it is much better than useing overlays....
In response to jobe

no no no.. you dun get it! you can do anything in byond its just hoe you do it. you dont need overlays! add every overlay combination to the icon! then all you would have to do is code it give only the icon state you want. like if they pick red hair then in you icon have a person with all the differant hair colors. and if the have a sword have an icno for every sword for every hiar style. and every hair style with every sword and each HairAndSword would each have every armor to them...... sure its alot of icon states but it is much better than useing overlays....

No, first of all doing it that would just be foolish. Secondly, there is an infinite amount of hair colors doing it my way since it starts off black and they tint it however they want. It is allot less work my way and it is much easier to add more to it also. Besides that, it greatly reduces the time it takes to download all the icons. And when you have 5 races and already have about 30 iconstates for combat and stuff like that, it would take forever to redraw the icon with all the combinations of hair styles, eye colors, clothing, and armor! and then you have to go through and do it with all the races. Overlays make it much easier, less time consume, and allow for more customization. That is why overlays are byond's greatest feature(in my opinion).