ID:138111

I got too many ideas for games popping into my head but im working on too many already. It gets anyoing because i sometimes get good ideas too. Today i got a idea to make a Azure Dreams game except i thought i wouldn't have enough time.
On 3/28/01 3:27 pm Geo wrote:
I got too many ideas for games popping into my head but im working on too many already. It gets anyoing because i sometimes get good ideas too. Today i got a idea to make a Azure Dreams game except i thought i wouldn't have enough time.

Yeah I know what you mean. It is best to stick to one and write the others down so you can work on them later.
In response to Ebonshadow
On 3/28/01 4:04 pm ebonshadow wrote:

Yeah I know what you mean. It is best to stick to one and write the others down so you can work on them later.

Well, this is better suited to Babble or Creations...

...but that's precisely my problem; BYOND is so easy to develop games with, it's incredibly easy to get in over your head.

I stopped working on a few of my games, putting them on semi-permanent hiatus until I finish the other 'major' games.

Just today, for example, I got an idea to make yet another Spuzzbomb, Spuzzbomb Advance, that has five different coloured blocks rather than just the original two. Each of those different pieces explodes with a different combination of other pieces; otherwise, it transforms into a different colour. That'll be on my list of things to do next... right now, I have to get the AntWorld AI working!

(Speaking of AntWorld, I've simplified a large portion of the resource management to severely reduce micromanagement, especially considering that the old method required actual orders from the player to get resources, rather than allowing ants to do their thing automatically... in fact, if I do it right, your ants are supposed to be able to support themselves completely without intervention, and then they'll just respond to your attack orders or other tweaks whenever you give them.)

All the ideas in the world, but no time or energy. Thats the same for all the people designing non-commercial games. I got at least 5 games on paper for BYOND, and many more for other languages. What to do???
Thats why some peopla are paid to design games. The production houses pay them to stop coming up with new (maybe better) ideas and (half finished)games.