ID:138119

It'd be nice if we had a "Remove Duplicate Entries" feature for the mapper so that we could delete multiple occurrences of atomic objects in a single loc... my AntWorld code, for example, depends on having only one tree-bottom obj per space.

Basically, you would do 'Remove Duplicate Entries', specify the object type, and then press the button and WHAM, there would only be one of each of those objects per space. I suppose you could limit the search, too, to a single Z level, a single map file, all included map files, or all map files period. And maybe give the ability to remove duplicates of everything (not just the object type) by leaving the field blank.

(BTW, if it isn't quite clear to some of the newer users, I always refer to atomic objects simply as 'objects', while the actual object type, 'obj', will be referred to as 'obj'. Hopefully this is apparent... I'd suggest something like that for the FAQ, but other people refer to them as 'atomic objects' specifically so I'd only be a heretic in a Pilgrim crowd. =)

.-=[ Spuzzum ]=-.
No, not the manganese perchlorate stanium dioxide! Anything but the manganese perchlorate stanium dioxide!
On 3/24/01 4:43 pm Spuzzum wrote:
It'd be nice if we had a "Remove Duplicate Entries" feature for the mapper so that we could delete multiple occurrences of atomic objects in a single loc.

How about having a setting that would not allow you to place duplicate entries? Actually, there could be three modes of operation: place anything (default), only place single-copies (only one copy of a particular obj/mob per square), only place single-objects (ie- objs and mobs behave like turfs and areas). Would that work for you?
In response to Tom H.
On 3/25/01 3:02 am Tom H. wrote:
On 3/24/01 4:43 pm Spuzzum wrote:
It'd be nice if we had a "Remove Duplicate Entries" feature for the mapper so that we could delete multiple occurrences of atomic objects in a single loc.

How about having a setting that would not allow you to place duplicate entries? Actually, there could be three modes of operation: place anything (default), only place single-copies (only one copy of a particular obj/mob per square), only place single-objects (ie- objs and mobs behave like turfs and areas). Would that work for you?

Yessirreebob.