ID:138142

Can we pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbblease have a variable that controls how often the stat panels are updated? world.stat_lag, client.stat_lag... it matters little to me... but I'd really really like it if you implemented this! Of course, the default value would be 8, and you should encourage people not to bump it down too low, with warnings of lagginess and satanic cults.
On 3/4/01 3:26 pm Spuzzum wrote:
Can we pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbblease have a variable that controls how often the stat panels are updated?

Still on the list. But were you aware that reducing world.tick_lag will also speed up the stat refresh? The reference does not advertise that fact yet...

In response to Dan
On 5/21/01 8:51 pm Dan wrote:
On 3/4/01 3:26 pm Spuzzum wrote:
Can we pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbblease have a variable that controls how often the stat panels are updated?

Still on the list. But were you aware that reducing world.tick_lag will also speed up the stat refresh? The reference does not advertise that fact yet...

I was not aware! Well, I'll check that out, then.

For everyone else out there, remember that you should almost NEVER change the tick_lag lower than 1. BYOND has to process a lot of things every tick, and if you make a tick shorter, you make the game even slower.

That's why I'd be more interested in a separate setting.

(Actually, it's nice to know that it wasn't ignored, even if it was a re-re-request. =)