ID:138159

What does it mean
The launch pad
1."5 dynamic ports"
2."Reserved Space 5 Megs"-> hard disk space???
3.What about bandwidth? RAM?

On 2/21/01 7:44 pm sunzoner wrote:
What does it mean
The launch pad
1."5 dynamic ports"

That means you can have up to 5 worlds running (almost) 24/7 on five different ports at once.

Yup, for uploading your games. Most BYOND games don't take up more than 800 KB each, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Currently the server is a 128 MB RAM, 600 MHz, 8 T1 line bandwidth computer. It's not powerful, but it has plenty of bandwidth and it's upgradeable.

(Am I right, Dan?)
In response to Spuzzum
On 2/21/01 8:20 pm Spuzzum wrote:
On 2/21/01 7:44 pm sunzoner wrote:
What does it mean
The launch pad
1."5 dynamic ports"

That means you can have up to 5 worlds running (almost) 24/7 on five different ports at once.

Is there a user limit? Like only 5 or 10 users logged in at anyone time?

Yup, for uploading your games. Most BYOND games don't take up more than 800 KB each, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Currently the server is a 128 MB RAM, 600 MHz, 8 T1 line bandwidth computer. It's not powerful, but it has plenty of bandwidth and it's upgradeable.

Is the bandwith dedicated or shared?

(Am I right, Dan?)
In response to sunzoner

Is there a user limit? Like only 5 or 10 users logged in at anyone time?

Shouldn't be.

Is the bandwith dedicated or shared?

Shared.

(Am I right, Dan?)

At this moment there are no bandwidth or user quotas. It's a sort of use-within-reason thing. We need to get an idea how much bandwidth typical games would need.

In general, the quotas are not meant to be annoying but are to prevent mistakes such as run-away log file dumps from filling up the disk. They will be adjustable once I get a chance to add an interface for that.

--Dan