ID:138190

OK, I started on byond, I did the simple program and stuff so I decided to make my own world. BUT, when I start it says this begin stuff and I have no idea what it means, then I make some stuff and try to comile and it deletes all the things I wrote. HeLp?

Omegared
On 2/12/01 11:58 am OmegaRed wrote:
OK, I started on byond, I did the simple program and stuff so I decided to make my own world. BUT, when I start it says this begin stuff and I have no idea what it means, then I make some stuff and try to comile and it deletes all the things I wrote. HeLp?

Omegared

Sounds like your trying to code it in the environment file.
After you create an environment, go to file, and then new, and then make a new DM, or code, file and type the stuff in there. I cant think of any other reason why it would keep deleting your stuff or why it would say anything about begin unless you were in the dme file.
In response to Ebonshadow
On 2/12/01 12:04 pm ebonshadow wrote:
Sounds like your trying to code it in the environment file.
After you create an environment, go to file, and then new, and then make a new DM, or code, file and type the stuff in there.

Dantom, could we have New Environment create a default .dm file and jump people to that? Maybe even with a helpful comment at the top explaining that code goes in .dm files and that new files can be created with file->New?
Thx Ebon! PS. try to the game up soon im desprete to play !! :)
In response to OmegaRed
On 2/12/01 12:53 pm OmegaRed wrote:
LOL, Im trying but Im having some trouble with animations withe new armor thing. When you go to attack your head does the animation first and then the rest of your body goes!
On 2/12/01 12:56 pm ebonshadow wrote:
On 2/12/01 12:53 pm OmegaRed wrote:
LOL, Im trying but Im having some trouble with animations withe new armor thing. When you go to attack your head does the animation first and then the rest of your body goes!

LOL good luck dude!

Weird! Well, with all the discussion about it, I'm eager to try the game too, so if I can be of any assistance, I'd be happy to check out the code you're using and see if I can help ([email protected]). Of course, it very well could be just something weird in BYOND itself, in which case I wouldn't be able to help; but I'd be willing to take a look if you're interested.
In response to Guy T.
On 2/12/01 1:08 pm Guy T. wrote:

Weird! Well, with all the discussion about it, I'm eager to try the game too, so if I can be of any assistance, I'd be happy to check out the code you're using and see if I can help ([email protected]). Of course, it very well could be just something weird in BYOND itself, in which case I wouldn't be able to help; but I'd be willing to take a look if you're interested.

Yeah I think its a bug with the flick() proc. I believe thats its just changing the iconstate for overlays or something. I dont know if this is possible it certainly seems this way. Anyways I fixed it, I just made the animation one frame long so no matter what they have to be insync. Its looking _really_ good with the new armor stuff. Guy, you are definitely welcome to join our programming group if youd like. Spuzzum was in it but he left cause dont have time :(. If you were in it we could contribute some kewl stuff to each others games.
Glad you found a solution to the problem at hand... I'm still curious whether it was indeed a BYOND bug, but if it is, someone else will no doubt run into it soon!

Guy, you are definitely welcome to join our programming group if youd like. Spuzzum was in it but he left cause dont have time :(. If you were in it we could contribute some kewl stuff to each others games.

Like Spuzz, I'm pretty low on time these days, between my own stuff and the DDT (and even Deadron often has to nudge me before I get moving)! But I appreciate the offer, and I definitely like what I've seen of your group's work so far--I've seen a lot more of SR than Spar, so I'm pretty curious about the latter now.

Anyway, I hope to be working with BYOND for quite some time, so sooner or later I imagine we'll end up helping each other with something! :)
In response to Guy T.
On 2/12/01 2:12 pm Guy T. wrote:
Like Spuzz, I'm pretty low on time these days, between my own stuff and the DDT (and even Deadron often has to nudge me before I get moving)!

Ah sure but Guy is great at getting a bit done each week, and the result is always worth it!