ID:138193

I was woundering if it would be possible to set up like a North() type thing for other keys. Like a for when somebody pressed the Ctrl key would be like Ctrl(). I would like to make more of a combat oriented game and it is now controlled by clicking, which isn't bad, but it limits me in that i cannot make combo moves. For instance, I would like players to be able to do a double axe handle move by doing a combo like Ctrl-Alt-Ctrl... ect. Kinda like in mortal kombat.
On 2/12/01 7:35 am ebonshadow wrote:
I was woundering if it would be possible to set up like a North() type thing for other keys. Like a for when somebody pressed the Ctrl key would be like Ctrl(). I would like to make more of a combat oriented game and it is now controlled by clicking, which isn't bad, but it limits me in that i cannot make combo moves. For instance, I would like players to be able to do a double axe handle move by doing a combo like Ctrl-Alt-Ctrl... ect. Kinda like in mortal kombat.

You may be able to do all of this through macros, which let you make each key a command. Here is the macro set for DragonSnot, where typing a number selects that button:

macro
say
set name = "s"
return "say \"\..."

tell
set name = "t"
return "tell"

select1
set name = "1"
return "select1"

select2
set name = "2"
return "select2"

select3
set name = "3"
return "select3"

select4
set name = "4"
return "select4"

select5
set name = "5"
return "select5"
In response to Deadron
On 2/12/01 9:06 am Deadron wrote:
On 2/12/01 7:35 am ebonshadow wrote:

You may be able to do all of this through macros, which let you make each key a command. Here is the macro set for DragonSnot, where typing a number selects that button:

macro
say
set name = "s"
return "say \"\..."

tell
set name = "t"
return "tell"

select1
set name = "1"
return "select1"

select2
set name = "2"