ID:138201

When is this thang gonna be fixed? are they just gonna release 271 again until they fix 272 or what? I had the whole day off and I felt like some kick ass lvling and now I cant im supa pissed.

OmegaRed :)
On 2/11/01 11:39 am OmegaRed wrote:
When is this thang gonna be fixed? are they just gonna release 271 again until they fix 272 or what? I had the whole day off and I felt like some kick ass lvling and now I cant im supa pissed.

Yeah, just put 271 back up =)
I wanna play sooooooooooooooooooo bad its not even funny, acually uits more pathetic.
In response to Goten84
On 2/11/01 11:45 am Goten84 wrote:
On 2/11/01 11:39 am OmegaRed wrote:

Yeah, just put 271 back up =)

You may want to take another look at Tom's message from earlier. The 271 release is still available from the 271 subdirectory of the download directory. Just calm down, go there, reinstall it, play your games, be happy, sit tight. ;-) Dantom are among the best in sending out timely updates to major "bugs" such as this (actually my guess, based on the missing dll name, is it's a "Microsoft special," and not Dantom's fault anyway).
In response to OmegaRed
I wanna play sooooooooooooooooooo bad its not even funny, acually uits more pathetic.

I imagine now that BYOND has a fair number of users, Dantom will probably move to some kind of "beta release" scheme where new releases are tested by a small group of guinea pigs before the whole world gets the software. Of course, that doesn't help you in the meantime--but I'm sure as soon as they know about the problem, they'll dig in and set things right.

Just out of curiosity, what game are you so eager to play? :)