ID:138214

How about when you create a new environment having it create a default .dm file for you?

That would avoid the problem of people thinking they should put the code in the .dme.
On 1/30/01 1:50 pm Deadron wrote:
How about when you create a new environment having it create a default .dm file for you?

That would avoid the problem of people thinking they should put the code in the .dme.

I have another idea to accompany that... make a pop-up whenever someone double-clicks the .dme for the first time.

Something along the lines of

"The .dme file is used to store internal information about your project, and is not the file where you should enter your code (choose File|New and select DM File to create a new file for your code). Would you still like to edit the .dme file?

[Yes] [No]"
In response to Spuzzum
On 1/31/01 7:27 pm Spuzzum wrote:
On 1/30/01 1:50 pm Deadron wrote:

I have another idea to accompany that... make a pop-up whenever someone double-clicks the .dme for the first time.

Something along the lines of

"The .dme file is used to store internal information about your project, and is not the file where you should enter your code (choose File|New and select DM File to create a new file for your code). Would you still like to edit the .dme file?

[Yes] [No]"

Easier...just note that in a comment at the top of the file.
In response to Deadron

Easier...just note that in a comment at the top of the file.

Good one!