ID:138220

Okay DragonSnot is all set up with BYONDimes support, and after I leave this message I'm going to go start publicizing the game.

One note about BYONDimes, which seem to be working perfectly. If you have no dimes in your wallet, then after you hit "authorize payment", the window goes away and you get a text message saying that you only have 0 dimes.

I think this will be very confusing to new people. For one, since they have hit authorize, they will think they have paid, and that after their payment they have 0 dimes left.

For another, there is no guarantee that they can see the text area at that time.

It might be more robust, if they don't have enough dimes, to pop up an alert window about it.

One note about BYONDimes, which seem to be working perfectly. If you have no dimes in your wallet, then after you hit "authorize payment", the window goes away and you get a text message saying that you only have 0 dimes.

Really?! I specifically made sure this process was friendlier than that, because I knew you would complain about that! Something must not have gotten fully enabled. Will fix...

--Dan
In response to Dan
On 1/24/01 12:20 pm Dan wrote:

Really?! I specifically made sure this process was friendlier than that, because I knew you would complain about that! Something must not have gotten fully enabled. Will fix...

Well I guess it is slightly friendler, in that the text message contains a link to get to your account, if that's what you are thinking of. However, that doesn't alleviate the fact that you have hit Authorize Payment and had the window go away and may well think you are done, never noticing the text message.

This brings up another usability thought...when you use that link and your wallet comes up, there is no clear indication that you are looking at a page customized for you. It would be an additional nicety to have "Deadron's BYOND Wallet" or something as a header on the page.