ID:138221

Especially Impulse Tracker (.it) and MODs would be great. MP3s could make an appearance, but they are too large to be useful in most games.

Why am I saying this? I've created a bunch of musical tunes in my classes at school, and the creator exports .wav files. And raw .wav files are pretty big. Each of those could be easily converted to an MP3, which would save vastly on space. Those songs simply couldn't be done in MIDI, either.

I'm experimenting with MODs at the moment as well. It looks like an interesting format to get used to. They're small and effective, and make pretty kick-arse songs.
On 1/24/01 1:45 am Spuzzum wrote:
Especially Impulse Tracker (.it) and MODs would be great. MP3s could make an appearance, but they are too large to be useful in most games.

I'm experimenting with MODs at the moment as well. It looks like an interesting format to get used to. They're small and effective, and make pretty kick-arse songs.

Ooh, I second that. Impulse Tracker is by far my preferred music-creation tool; not to mention that they will actually sound the same no matter what sound card you have =]
Actually, MP3s are always more compact than WAV files, and would be far preferable to use. The main "cost" associated with MP3 is processor cycles.

But I also agree that supporting MODs would be a really cool thing. They have a lot of the positive aspects of MIDI (fairly small size, you can make you own, etc.), with the added bonus of a much better sound set.

Now, if only implementing it was as easy as asking for it... hehehe

Mr. Sanity
In response to ApM

Ooh, I second that. Impulse Tracker is by far my preferred music-creation tool

What is Impulse Tracker and where can I get it? =p